Hey folks,

So, like everyone else I'm ridiculously pumped that the Tour is most definitely coming! However, I'm a little unclear about SIM cards: do you *need* one for the Tour to function? If so, would a new phone come with a SIM card? I don't have one right now, and I'm wondering whether or not I'd have to buy one separately, and if I didn't, whether it would affect any aspects of its functionality.

Thanks!
    06-16-09 12:50 AM
    I don't have a SIM CARD in mine and it works on VERIZON.

BUT, if you get an unlocked device you can also use it with a SIM CARD network like AT&T
    06-16-09 12:52 AM
    Hey folks,

So, like everyone else I'm ridiculously pumped that the Tour is most definitely coming! However, I'm a little unclear about SIM cards: do you *need* one for the Tour to function? If so, would a new phone come with a SIM card? I don't have one right now, and I'm wondering whether or not I'd have to buy one separately, and if I didn't, whether it would affect any aspects of its functionality.

Thanks!
    its primarily for a CDMA network, but you can use it on GSM (provided that its unlocked) if you have a SIM card, so yes if u intend to use it on AT&T or TMobile u need a sim in order to use it
    06-16-09 12:54 AM
    sim cards are used mostly in travel with a cdma device

it wont work on 3g networks other then cdma ones in the united states if you unlock the phone for say at&t it will get edge data speeds..

when and if you leave the country you need a sim card to use it on the gsm networks..

other then that there is no need for one but I am sure there will be one preinstalled anyway..
    06-16-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD