I just noticed that when I receive an sms, I get a drop down banner at the top of the screen with a spinning sms icon with "incoming sms from:". I don't recall ever seeing this before. Perhaps I was never staring at the screen when receiving a text. Is this part of the OS or maybe an app I installed? I'm running driphters new v8.5 classic if that matters. Oh, and I occasionally get that notification, but there is no sms that comes through. It just says incoming sms from (blank) and never blinks the led or makes an alert sound. Has anyone else experienced this?

-Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:44 PM
    Sounds like a theme or part of the hybrid you installed.
    I've never seen anything like that on the stock OS.
    04-15-10 12:48 PM
    im going to second that... i haven't seen or known that they could be modified like that?

screenshot?
    04-15-10 12:50 PM
    im going to second that... i haven't seen or known that they could be modified like that?

screenshot?
    No, no screenshot yet, but I'll try to snag one. It's just the stock Sprint theme. The blank alerts are what's bothering me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:54 PM
    You installed Leave It On, the new beta build that's in the forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lea...s-more-444239/
    04-15-10 01:00 PM
    That's it! Thanks! I forgot that I downloaded that just the other day. I haven't had a chance to play with yet.
    04-15-10 01:16 PM
    If you are getting blank pop ups, then it sounds like that app needs to have some kinks ironed out before leaving beta.
    04-15-10 01:45 PM
    If you are getting blank pop ups, then it sounds like that app needs to have some kinks ironed out before leaving beta.
    1. that would be the point of beta

2. blank SMS usually pop up when you have read a voicemail. The VM system sends a "null" message to your device to alert it to remove the icon, that no more VMs are present. The listener coded for this app interprets that as a new SMS.

I've been beta testing it since the early builds, and it's pretty flawless as far as picking up senders.
    04-15-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD