I had an old BB 8703e--with sprint for 2 and a half years!
    well i just got my tour delivered to me friday , and for some reason my signal strength can only go from 1- to maybe 3 bars and thats it.......ans its always moving..

now correct me if im wrong but i have the same sprint service but just a difft phone ---shouldnt i have full bars like i used to ?

thanks
    07-19-09 12:08 PM
    You can't just go by bars. What maybe 5 bars on one device could be 3 bars on another.
    07-19-09 12:42 PM
    but i live in the same place and now with the new TOUR--all of a sudden calls are getting dropped left and right ..
    07-19-09 12:56 PM
    This has already been addressed to death in a previous post.
    Again it mainly has to do with your Home SID Number setting which you have to get from VZW tech support based on your area code.

You then will have to go into your BB by doing this... ##000000 send. This will open your Home manual screen settings where you erase the 2 digit number half way down under the SID number and replace it with the 5 digit code they give you, End of story.
    07-19-09 02:18 PM
    This has already been addressed to death in a previous post.
    Again it mainly has to do with your Home SID Number setting which you have to get from VZW tech support based on your area code.

You then will have to go into your BB by doing this... ##000000 send. This will open your Home manual screen settings where you erase the 2 digit number half way down under the SID number and replace it with the 5 digit code they give you, End of story.
    He's on sprint...
    07-19-09 02:20 PM
    nobodyhome --thanks lol

yes im on sprint
    07-19-09 03:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with many Sprint towers not being upgraded to MEID. Old phones used ESN while newer phones use MEID. ESN towers need to be upgraded to MEID and it seems Verizon has taken care of it while Sprint hasn't. The same signal issues I'm having with the Tour were also on my old Pre, another MEID device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 03:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with many Sprint towers not being upgraded to MEID. Old phones used ESN while newer phones use MEID. ESN towers need to be upgraded to MEID and it seems Verizon has taken care of it while Sprint hasn't. The same signal issues I'm having with the Tour were also on my old Pre, another MEID device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have 2 tours...they both lose and gain signal strength constantly...but only 1 Tour actually loses service completely....

my other 8330m holds on to the signal perfectly...so it can't be that...
    07-27-09 01:12 PM
    There's a current thread right now that explains why this is happening.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/me...issues-274716/
    07-27-09 01:15 PM
    go ot options, then mobile network, then push menu, then update perfered network list and update profile, i had same issue you guys are having, this fixed my phone and now it works great.
    07-27-09 01:49 PM
    go ot options, then mobile network, then push menu, then update perfered network list and update profile, i had same issue you guys are having, this fixed my phone and now it works great.
    nothing will fix the jumping around issue in low coverage areas...but this may have solved my issue of it constantly losing service and it would "search for cdma signal" for a few seconds every now and then again...caused me me to miss a few calls
    07-27-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD