Reactivated my Tour last month after desperately missing my Blackberry when I switched to the Droid 2.

I started having this problem from an upgrade way back, I think it was the upgrade from 4.7 to 5, and I've run many different hybrids and variants of this and still have the exact same issue. But before the 5 upgrade, it worked fine, and if it fluctuated, it wasn't a big deal. I could stream Pandora without a problem, but now Pandora can barely play one song without searching for a signal. Same issue you all have posted about... it'll just be sitting in one spot and go from 4 bars to 1x to 1xEV with no bars. I hated Android, and the Bold seems to have the same problems and isn't much of an upgrade anyway, so I'm just patiently waiting for a Blackberry that fixes this.

I'm currently using a .643 hybrid, but I know there's some new ones out there. I know a lot of people have posted about this, but I've never seen a fix. Has anyone ever solved this?
    11-18-10 10:50 AM
    I am getting that in NY as well using Sprint and the Tour. Just swapped out devices, but i don't think its the device. It's probably something that is happening with the Towers.

Reactivated my Tour last month after desperately missing my Blackberry when I switched to the Droid 2.

I started having this problem from an upgrade way back, I think it was the upgrade from 4.7 to 5, and I've run many different hybrids and variants of this and still have the exact same issue. But before the 5 upgrade, it worked fine, and if it fluctuated, it wasn't a big deal. I could stream Pandora without a problem, but now Pandora can barely play one song without searching for a signal. Same issue you all have posted about... it'll just be sitting in one spot and go from 4 bars to 1x to 1xEV with no bars. I hated Android, and the Bold seems to have the same problems and isn't much of an upgrade anyway, so I'm just patiently waiting for a Blackberry that fixes this.

I'm currently using a .643 hybrid, but I know there's some new ones out there. I know a lot of people have posted about this, but I've never seen a fix. Has anyone ever solved this?
    11-19-10 06:50 AM
    I'd agree with something your carrier is doing. Mine did that awhile back but is back to normal now.
    11-19-10 07:57 AM
    I've had some issues with the signal bouncing back and forth also since I've moved. The signal is great outside my house, but drop a lot of calls in my house. Pretty sure it's a carrier issue and not the blackberry as the same thing occurs with my wife's phone. Sprint is sending me an Airave free of charge (and waving monthly fees). I'm hoping to get it next week. Hopefully it takes care of the issue.
    11-19-10 10:24 AM
    I'm having the same exact issues with my Tour on tmobile, constantly going from capital EDGE to lower case and sometimes even to gsm and then sos, then right back to EDGE. Happens more in one area that we had the same issue with the previous tmobile phone (a samsung behold) so I have just been chalking it up to carrier/tower issues. Just got the Tour and was desperately hoping it wasn't the phone.
    11-20-10 07:22 AM
    I thought I read it here, but it must have been another thread in this forum. But thanks to who ever posted it... So the poster said to go to Mobile Network Options, turn the connection off, then set it to 2g, and also clear the APN so that it no longer says tmobilewapvoicestream. then turn the network back on.

It had been stuck in lowercase edge all night, but when I did the above, turned the connections back on. Walah, capital EDGE, at a decent three bar strength, most importantly it is holding at EDGE(so far). This fix appears to have fixed the problem.
    11-20-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD