-9630 Sample Video
    -All Languages Other Than English
    -Documents To Go
    -Help Files
    -Password Keeper
    -VZNavigator
    -VCAST Rhapsody
    -Texas Hold 'Em Poker

It added up to over 25mb in the Removed Items Folder.

Note: I had to manually go into the OS Java folder and remove the video and the backgrounds and texas hold 'em because Shrink-A-OS must have been looking for a different file name.

Also, I have the following Apps installed on my Tour.

-AOL Instant Messenger
    -Facebook
    -Google Maps
    -Viigo
    -MeterBerry
    -Blackberry AppWorld
    -My Verizon
    07-13-09 07:10 PM
    nice i plan on doing this tomorrow, thats a good amount of freed up space
    07-13-09 07:17 PM
    yeah i need to do this....i'm definitely gettin rid of the background pics, sample video, the languages, help files, p/w keeper & vcast
    07-13-09 07:19 PM
    kinda funny....in meterberry (since it was originally made for the storm) it thinks the max app memory is 128mb....so it shows my available memory as 131.2mb (102%) .. lol
    07-13-09 07:23 PM
    You were able to get meterberry to work with no problems? Sorry for the very noobish question, but this is my first BB and I've had in 24 hours. Still learning!

It seems like MeterBerry is a pretty must have app. Am I right?
    07-13-09 08:09 PM
    I have meterberry on my tour as well. Love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:14 PM
    Im doing this right away tomorrow
    07-13-09 08:21 PM
    care to write a guide for how to do this (or point to one)? I have been wanting to do this and looking for a guide. no such luck yet. removing vcast isnt how other guides say that i can tell.
    07-13-09 08:25 PM
    a guide for this would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
    07-13-09 08:31 PM
    I found this guide.
    Professor BM's Blackberry Tips and Tricks....: Still running .75 but wanting the higher memory....

I just dont get where to find the folder with the OS
    07-13-09 08:33 PM
    I found this guide.
    Professor BM's Blackberry Tips and Tricks....: Still running .75 but wanting the higher memory....

I just dont get where to find the folder with the OS
    After the OS is installed on your pc,
    C>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files>9630**************.
    The most common mistake is overlooking the common folder in the drilldown...
    07-13-09 08:55 PM
    thanks i didnt install the OS yet thats probably why it wasnt in the folder lol .

Have you run into any problems taking those files off?

What was your before and after?
    Last edited by TonyG2388; 07-13-09 at 09:01 PM.
    07-13-09 08:57 PM
    thanks i didnt install the OS yet thats probably why it wasnt in the folder lol .

Have you run into any problems taking those files off?
    Only thing I have run across so far, is the mobile flickr website, launches a fatal error and reboot, just going there on the browser, weird thing is, I don't have the app loaded yet, maybe one of the help files I removed has something in it.
    Other than that all is well
    07-13-09 09:02 PM
    Downloaded the vzw os and used Lyrical's "Shrink-A-OS"

All I deleted were the following..

-Default Backgrounds
    -9630 Sample Video
    -All Languages Other Than English
    -Documents To Go
    -Help Files
    -Password Keeper
    -VZNavigator
    -VCAST Rhapsody
    -Texas Hold 'Em Poker

It added up to over 25mb in the Removed Items Folder.

Note: I had to manually go into the OS Java folder and remove the video and the backgrounds and texas hold 'em because Shrink-A-OS must have been looking for a different file name.

Also, I have the following Apps installed on my Tour.

-AOL Instant Messenger
    -Facebook
    -Google Maps
    -Viigo
    -MeterBerry
    -Blackberry AppWorld
    -My Verizon
    Hey Justin...quick question for another noobie....instructions say to DL the DM for BB. What if I am running on a Mac? Am I SOL?
    07-13-09 09:13 PM
    Hey Justin...quick question for another noobie....instructions say to DL the DM for BB. What if I am running on a Mac? Am I SOL?
    i believe so.
    07-13-09 09:20 PM
    i believe so.
    Oh well, thanks- i was afraid I might be SOL....I guess I can steal back my PC from the girlfriend for a day....get done what I have to do then go back to Missing Sync.
    07-13-09 09:40 PM
    Yeah, i'm not sure on how to use DM w/ a mac. Although i believe there are lots of threads on here about people complaining about it not working.

PC is def. the easiest route, altough i'm sure could do some hack to put windows on your mac and run it...
    07-13-09 10:59 PM
    care to write a guide for how to do this (or point to one)? I have been wanting to do this and looking for a guide. no such luck yet. removing vcast isnt how other guides say that i can tell.
    a guide for this would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
    one link was posted in this thread...this is the same process that ALOT of the storm owners were doing (myself included when i had my storm)

go over to the storm forums and read a few of the Shrink or Hybrid OS threads...there is alot of useful info around...just gotta find it.
    07-13-09 11:00 PM
    howd u get google maps?
    07-13-09 11:11 PM
    howd u get google maps?
    go to m.google.com in your blackberry browser
    07-13-09 11:17 PM
    Yeah, i'm not sure on how to use DM w/ a mac. Although i believe there are lots of threads on here about people complaining about it not working.

PC is def. the easiest route, altough i'm sure could do some hack to put windows on your mac and run it...
    If the mac is an intel mac you can use bootcamp or parallels and install windows....

Parallels would create a virtual "windows" environment so you you could run the program "through" OS X without having to boot into windows...
    07-14-09 01:56 AM
    If the mac is an intel mac you can use bootcamp or parallels and install windows....

Parallels would create a virtual "windows" environment so you you could run the program "through" OS X without having to boot into windows...
    good to know...
    07-14-09 10:25 AM
    I just don't get it. I can all the way up to the RIM folder and then that's it. Then if I click cancel, somehow it get's up to the loader files but that's it; no 9630.

can someone help me out? it says is shrinks it but it doesn't. everything that i click is still there.
    08-13-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD