I actually was in the Verizon store the other day because my friend wasn't sure if she wanted to upgrade to the Tour or Droid. She was playing with the droid and wasn't very impressed. The internet was fast, but the set up of the software/internet was better on the tour.

She ended up getting the tour at the 3rd party Verizon store we always get phones from and the guy said that the Droid is very Google based and with emails it only works right if you have a gmail account. Because you can't sync other email addresses to it like BlackBerry. You would have to actually log into the email site to retrieve email. That bites! Needless to say that the e-mail part is just like having a regular cell phone with email.

I would definitely go with BlackBerry.
    Don't ever listen to a vzw Rep, they don't know anything and so they make stuff up. You can sync other email with the Droid. Its not pushed unless its exchange or gmail, but it works.

I havent any problems with peeling and don't know anyone that has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 10:23 AM
    Not all Tours have problems I have had mine since the release no problems yet.
    Battery life has been great for me. 99% of my phone use is Text, E-Mails and phone use and the Tour is perfect for me.
    12-04-09 11:45 AM
    Just another person with .02 cents! (c;

I have a BB Tour, and have had it for about 2 months now.
    I have not have a single problem with it at all.
    No problems with trackball, screen, buttons, speaker, battery, etc ...
    I have used many different blackberry devices, and the TOUR is by far my favorite!
    It is a beautiful device. LOL
    I love the all black finish. The screen is sharp and bright. I love the black trackball. The battery life is great! The keyboard layout is good, but did take some getting used to.

I am very happy with my TOUR.

I would recommend exchanging your Droid for the Tour.
    12-04-09 01:10 PM
    Droid=Toy for high school boys.
    12-04-09 02:33 PM
    The Tour is my first smartphone- I'm very happy with it- and Although I looked at the Droid- (Impressive Browser) I cannot type on it to save my life! I thought my wife woul like it htiugh- or the Storm 2- and she couldn't type on them either- so she's geing a Tour as well-

Great unit !
    12-04-09 02:40 PM
    tour is gtg.
    12-04-09 02:57 PM
    Being an iTouch lover, I bought the Droid on opening day and kept it for 9 days. Returned it for a Tour, my first Blackberry and could not be happier. It really depends upon your application and needs.

I'm in my car all day and need a great easy to handle with one hand, phone/text/email machine. I also check my stocks all day long with a single onehanded right button click for Bloomberg.

My issues with the Droid:
    it takes two hands to operate it! one hand to hold it and the other to do the touch screen slider clear across the screen just to open it. ON phone calls, after using 2 hands to open it....the screen goes dark and many times would not turn back on and you couldnt end a call. too frustrating.

it's internet is super fast
    screen is beautiful and easy to read
    on the web it's much faster to open, scroll, and expand than the tour.

However, all this takes two hands. I love the easiness of the tour to hold with one hand and just scroll with your thumb.

I rarely need to surf the web during the day so the Droid was overkill with a 2 handed cumbersome phone to try and operate. If I'm at home and seed to surf the web....I'd rather be on my computer than looking at a tiny screen. Tour wins for me.
    12-04-09 03:24 PM
    DROID. that is all.
    12-04-09 03:30 PM
    DROID. that is all.
    yeah if you do a lot of web surfing, otherwise a Blackberry is the choice of phones.
    12-04-09 04:36 PM
    A vote for the Tour. I see the Droid as a TOY and is for show, not go. I've never had a Droid, but have looked at them and think the Tour is much more practical. My main uses are Texting, Mild web surfing, alot of Pandora music usage. It links to bluetooth easily, very user friendly and makes me smile. I bought a spare battery and external charger to solve my battery concerns/issues. I couldn't be happier with a phone. I had a 8330 Curve prior to the Tour and honestly can't see myself ever changing from a BBRY. Plus I don't really like touch screen phones, so there is my .02! Good Luck.
    12-05-09 02:10 PM
    As I've said in prior threads it depends on your needs.

I think of it this way, if you use the internet a lot, the berry isn't for you. You get a better experience on the Droid. You're technically paying 30 dollars a month for email and BBM. It all depends on your needs.
    12-05-09 02:49 PM
    no

/thread
    12-06-09 12:35 PM
    I've just been reading on the internets that there is almost a 50% return rate for the blackberry tour, just got me a little worried. I'll be stopping in a verizon store soon to check it out
    Well I'm not part of that 50%. Loving the tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 12:43 PM
    I posted this response elsewhere: I have had the Windows phones for years and recently changed to Blackberry. Really like it. I love, love, love to listen to streaming radio am stations from all over the country. And Blackberry Tour does very well. And the Blackberry Web Browser seems a little slow, but there is a fast Opera and the Bolt browser that does web surfing faster. I downloaded both of them for free. The battery didn't last me all day - because I might play my internet radio for a couple of hours - and so I purchased the extended 2600mAh battery and also an extended charger and I love it. It's still thin enough to fit in the stock case. The phone is pretty much flawless. Works very nice. All of my Outlook contacts sync with the phone. The phone does a beautiful job of pushing all of my email to the phone - instantaneously unlike my old Windows phones that had to turn on and access my email accounts at preset times. The calendar is so easy to use. The trackball makes navigating so fast with one hand. I dig the new Google Android phones and the screens on them are smooth and beautiful, but one hand operation is not possible. The screen on the tour is so crisp and bright: a huge improvement over my wife's 8330. Sharing photos and videos are quick and easy. I dig the Blackberry Tour.
    12-06-09 07:54 PM
    I enjoy my tour. I have had no issues with software or hardware. THe battery does well even when I use it for a couple of hours on the web. It is not a portable media device in my opinion. I don't need my phone to keep me entertained though. It will play streaming radio well, and that's about as much as I expect as far as media goes. It easily handles emails, which is why I got it. I would recommend it.
    12-06-09 08:29 PM
    I am on the bandwagon too. I love my Tour and would never leave it for The Droid
    but it is a personal preference. I like the simplicity of the Tour. It is so comfortable in my hand and so responsive. I am thrilled with it. I have played with The Droid and I just don't like it. Too bulky for me for one thing and to only be able to use google apps on it. I do have gmail and love my gmail. But I want to have more than google apps and am thrilled all way around. Get the tour...........you already know the BB world
    12-08-09 02:41 PM
    If you are love the Tour but are concerned with its reliability, throw some insurance with it and rest easy. Some people have problems and some don't; its the same story for every phone out there.

Judging the Tour as a Blackberry I find mine to be a very nice phone, with my only problem being a sticky trackball. Beyond that, it does everything a BB should do well. Wifi would be nice but whatever. I currently only use it for BBM, however because...

...I also own a Droid. Let me first say that the push email is better on a BB; however for the non-business user who is not expecting an email, one would never know (or care) that it got there an hour later. For me that is the only thing the Tour does better; this is actual user feedback, and not passed along info and/or misinformation.

You have a Droid so you know what it can do. You've had a Bold so you know the ways of the Berry, both good and bad. If you prefer the feel of a BB then that is the phone for you, period. Usage, comfortability, and the like are all subjective for each person and no one is wrong in those regards.

Enjoy whatever decision you make.
    12-08-09 04:07 PM
    Hmm...Interesting; when I go into "user control panel" i know longer have the option to edit my device, carrier, PIN, or location?!?

*AH...that's much better
    Last edited by CrackberryMike; 12-08-09 at 04:44 PM.
    12-08-09 04:16 PM
    I actually was in the Verizon store the other day because my friend wasn't sure if she wanted to upgrade to the Tour or Droid. She was playing with the droid and wasn't very impressed. The internet was fast, but the set up of the software/internet was better on the tour.

She ended up getting the tour at the 3rd party Verizon store we always get phones from and the guy said that the Droid is very Google based and with emails it only works right if you have a gmail account. Because you can't sync other email addresses to it like BlackBerry. You would have to actually log into the email site to retrieve email. That bites! Needless to say that the e-mail part is just like having a regular cell phone with email.

I would definitely go with BlackBerry.
    The Tour is a gread device but you might want to find another 3rd party Verizon store to deal with. The advice they gave you about the Droid and email is not accurate at all. I have a Tour, Pre, and Android device and have over 7 different email addresses. Some gmail, Cox, hotmail, and Exchange and the Android device handles them all very well with a nice interface. I learned a long time ago not to listen to the cellular reps. Most of them don't know what they are talking about. You are better off visiting forums like this to get accurate information about cellular products.
    12-08-09 04:27 PM
    droid=toy for high school boys.
    ^lol.......
    12-09-09 01:04 PM
    I prefer Tour. I tried the Droid and it is definately a cool phone but for me it seems more of a toy than a phone that i would want to rely on for my main phone. I have had no problems with my Tour at all. The next phone I plan on replacing it with is the Tour 2.
    12-09-09 01:22 PM
    I did not switch from the Droid to the Tour, I kept them both. I like each for different reasons. Tour as a email, text, messaging machine and Droid for Web machine.
    12-10-09 12:11 AM
    I've just been reading on the internets that there is almost a 50% return rate for the blackberry tour, just got me a little worried. I'll be stopping in a verizon store soon to check it out
    So what did you decide to do? Droid or Tour?
    12-10-09 12:58 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD