I just bought the Tour about a month and a half ago from Verizon. I really wanted the touch screen Storm but they talked me into the Tour. Now they are coming out with the Storm 2 as buy one get one free soon and I just used my upgrade.... I'm so irritated... haha sorry just needed to vent somewhere!
    10-12-09 03:47 PM
    You could always add another line for $9.99 and get the Storm 2, then sell your Tour to make back the losses.
    10-12-09 03:48 PM
    Well... That's what you get for not doing your research. :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 03:52 PM
    true but then I would have to pay full price for the S2 and then the extra line for 2 years. And by the time I sell the Tour it wont make up for the differences.
    10-12-09 03:53 PM
    The magic words are caveat emptor.

Sorry to hear you're in a jam here, but the time will fly by before you know it. Maybe you can arrange a trade on down the line. Good luck!

10-12-09 03:56 PM
    And if you bought the Storm instead like you had planned, you would have been MORE pissed that a new version came out that essentially made your shiny new phone obsolete.

The Tour still has its place, and it's a brand new phone. Enjoy it!
    10-12-09 04:03 PM
    Lol im glad I dont have a contract I hate contracts i rather just buy the phone on ebay unlocked cheaper then retail.
    10-12-09 04:09 PM
    Slinky you are so right.... But I am looking forward to a good touch screen phone!
    10-12-09 04:13 PM
    New phones will always be coming out. You have to decide whether you want what's best right now, or wait until what's better comes along. And if you wait until later, that device will become obsolete soon enough.
    10-12-09 04:17 PM
    New phones will always be coming out. You have to decide whether you want what's best right now, or wait until what's better comes along. And if you wait until later, that device will become obsolete soon enough.
    just like every other piece of technology. you think you have the best, then BAM! something newer and better comes out. it's funny how we all keep falling for it though
    10-12-09 04:43 PM
    To the OP, I'm gonna quote someone from this forum (though I can't remember his/her name)

There's always new technologies that will come up, so if you were disappointed that you didn't wait for a new device, you'll then be waiting forever.. (Something like that)

Enjoy the tour its a good phone.. I might check the storm2 after I've read people's experiences after a month of usage...

10-12-09 05:56 PM
    There's always going to be something better around the corner. I got a new Tour for me and 8330 for my wife as soon as the Tour was released. We both would have liked the Storm, but there were too many problems.

Then there's the BOGO Tour offers. Now BOGO Storm2 rumors. Only 3 months into a new contract and we could have spent less on the latest/greatest.

If you just keep waiting for the best/newest phone, you'll never stop waiting.
    10-12-09 06:18 PM
    im nowhere near interested in the storm2.. im quite pleased with my tour
    10-12-09 06:34 PM
    im nowhere near interested in the storm2.. im quite pleased with my tour
    Ditto.

Music, Movies, & Games is what my iPod Touch is for.
    My Tour is for everything else, and it is the best phone I've ever owned (and I've owned an iPhone).
    10-12-09 06:39 PM
    I remember when all the rage on these forums was about the new Tour. It's funny, there were no trackball issues in the pre-release reviews. There were no bluetooth-in-car issues in any of product reviews that I recall reading. No mention of a screen ripple or low battery. Nah, this phone was supposed to be the best ever Blackberry. You don't know what problems this new Storm will have until it has been out a while for the community to use. Then we'll know if we made a mistake jumping early on the Tour instead of waiting for the Storm2.

Considering that the two phones have completely different user interfaces, it will really depend on whether you miss the touchscreen interface as opposed to using trackball and keyboard. I can say that the Tour's stubborn trackball does a lot to encourage me to go touchscreen, but if that blue light is still there everytime you hit a letter like it was with the old Storm, then I am happy I chose the Tour. Besides, I have only have to wait 12 or 13 months to get annual upgrade at promotional pricing; by then, the Storm2 will be available on a BOGO for a $100 or less!
    10-12-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD