After my last post and trying not to let it get to me, I'm still bummed. Long story short, I went to Verizon today and I ended up getting the new Blackberry Bold 9650. Should I be happy? I've only had my Tour for 5 1/2 months and now I'm getting a better newer Blackberry (would you agree)? What are some pros/cons of getting the new Bold 9650?

I had the Seidio Innocase II Surface case for my Tour and was wondering if that case would fit the Bold 9650. If not, how long does it take for companies to make cases for newer Blackberries? Come to think of it, when was the official Bold 9650 release date for Verizon?
    06-16-10 12:58 AM
    You don't know if you should be happy that your getting a newer better phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 02:03 AM
    If you got the phone, why not try the case you have on it?

06-16-10 04:41 AM
    The case should fit but the charging port may be partially obstructed. An exacto knife or small file would fix that.
    How about some details on how you came to be in possession of the 9650? If they managed to cut you some sort of a deal due to problems you were having it would good news to report.

06-16-10 05:11 AM
    Must be nice.....lol. Yes please fill us in on the details, hopefully you got it as a replacement at a low $$$$ amount. I checked the 9650 out Sunday at the Sprint store, it is a sweet phone dispite all the negative bashing comments about it on here.
    06-16-10 05:26 AM
    Come to think of it, when was the official Bold 9650 release date for Verizon?
    The Bold was available 6/3/10 for internet/phone sales and 6/10 in stores.

Pro: wifi, tons of memory

Con: cases for Tour will fit but not exactly (changed USB port location)
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-16-10 at 07:22 AM.
    06-16-10 07:17 AM
    I like my tour enough to stick with it. I want to see how this slider and clamshell materialize, the clamshell showed on the pics that it was locked on the sprint network, which i will admit kind of excites me a little.
    06-16-10 08:41 AM
    You don't know if you should be happy that your getting a newer better phone?

Haha, I'm really bummed that I lost all my contacts.
    06-16-10 05:27 PM
    If you got the phone, why not try the case you have on it?

I haven't received it in the mail yet.
    06-16-10 05:28 PM
    The case should fit but the charging port may be partially obstructed. An exacto knife or small file would fix that.
    How about some details on how you came to be in possession of the 9650? If they managed to cut you some sort of a deal due to problems you were having it would good news to report.

My last post explained my situation. The employee said that the 2 warehouses that were around their location didn't have the Blackberry Tour. So, instead of him wanting me to call customer service and have them figure where they might have a Tour, he just said that he'll send me a Blackberry Bold 9650.
    06-16-10 05:31 PM
    Must be nice.....lol. Yes please fill us in on the details, hopefully you got it as a replacement at a low $$$$ amount. I checked the 9650 out Sunday at the Sprint store, it is a sweet phone dispite all the negative bashing comments about it on here.
    The replacement was free.
    06-16-10 05:34 PM
    The Bold was available 6/3/10 for internet/phone sales and 6/10 in stores.

Pro: wifi, tons of memory

Con: cases for Tour will fit but not exactly (changed USB port location)
    Thank you. I've checked out some cases for the Bold and they're all just terrible.
    06-16-10 05:36 PM
    I like my tour enough to stick with it. I want to see how this slider and clamshell materialize, the clamshell showed on the pics that it was locked on the sprint network, which i will admit kind of excites me a little.
    You like the slider? That Blackberry is just ugly.
    06-16-10 05:37 PM
    I think you should be happy with a better Blackberry.
    06-16-10 05:47 PM
    My last post explained my situation. The employee said that the 2 warehouses that were around their location didn't have the Blackberry Tour. So, instead of him wanting me to call customer service and have them figure where they might have a Tour, he just said that he'll send me a Blackberry Bold 9650.
    Can I have you take mine in for a replacement? Work whatever magic it takes to get a Bold.
    06-16-10 07:10 PM
    I checked out your other thread, but I'm still kinda confused. You updated
    to a new OS, which wiped your phone, you lost your contacts...

but what isn't clear to me, is was your Tour totally fried and covered by
    warranty, so that's why Verizon is replacing your phone??
    06-16-10 07:49 PM
    Haha, I'm really bummed that I lost all my contacts.
    Use DM this time!!

06-16-10 08:22 PM
    I think you should be happy with a better Blackberry.
    I think I should.
    06-17-10 01:11 AM
    Can I have you take mine in for a replacement? Work whatever magic it takes to get a Bold.
    Let's do it.
    06-17-10 01:12 AM
    I checked out your other thread, but I'm still kinda confused. You updated
    to a new OS, which wiped your phone, you lost your contacts...

but what isn't clear to me, is was your Tour totally fried and covered by
    warranty, so that's why Verizon is replacing your phone??
    Even the employee couldn't restore it to "factory settings" on my phone. And yes, it should be covered by warranty.
    06-17-10 01:15 AM
    Use DM this time!!

I did use DM. Is there a thread on DM?
    06-17-10 01:16 AM
    You should add that guy to your Christmas card list.

06-17-10 04:30 AM
    Haha. Is it really that nice of a phone?
    06-17-10 04:20 PM
    I can understand how you feel, I would be mad. My Tour has been a great phone and I prefer the trackball (yes I am in the minority). Wifi and the trackpad don't matter to me. The extra memory would be ok, but I have plenty of memory on my Tour right now. I would be unhappy about my cases not fitting right and as soon as you start cutting on a case it can keep splitting plus it doesn't look as nice. The USB port has moved which was silly because if they were going to move it, why not to a better position entirely and not just a couple of millimeters up. I would hope that cradles would still work since the battery door is supposed to be the same. All in all, I would prefer to get a replacement of the same phone than a different phone even if it is supposed to be "better". No one really knows if it is, or if it has it's own quirks. Your story and others on the board make me hope that my Tour stays healthy until I choose to upgrade it.
    06-17-10 05:15 PM
    I received my phone awhile ago and we'll from there. I actually like the trackball as well! It must be my ocd and not liking fingerprints. Haha.
    06-17-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD