I got my brand new tour about a week ago. It had a loose battery door so I returned it and exchanged for another one, and the screen on the second one wasn't aligned properly. Now I am on my third tour, and the trackball is positioned too deep. I am having hard time pressing on it. I don't think the sprint store will allow me another exchange. Do you think I should just give up on tour and return it all together and eat the restocking fee? This QC in RIM is terrible. They need to fire all their employees responsible for QC.

Any advice? Or should i order it online hoping that they have a newer batch than the sprint store? But still i think i am gonna have to eat the restocking fee.
    02-23-10 08:37 PM
    Should I just get a buggy samsung windows phone, which is 100 percent perfectly built. Or a bb with a nice OS but unusable hardware?
    02-23-10 08:51 PM
    I would personally go back to the store, and explain your situation, explain how you've had a lot of problems with devices, and show your current issue, You have a right as a consumer to receive a properly manufactured product.

You may have to suck up and pay the restock fee, but I think you should be able to work with them on getting one, Insist on looking at one BEFORE you accept it, and don't feel bad about making them get a few from the back, You've paid the price of the device / upgrade fee or signed a contract, so you have the entitlement.
    02-23-10 09:01 PM
    Depends on where you live? Depending how good the coverage is in your area you might wait for a Tour2 other than that its basically the same phone. Tour2 has wifi which useful is crappy coverage areas. Sprint has largest netwrork!!! Eventually you have to worry about the wifi it will be a standard item. Why wait though the Tour is an awesome phone!
    02-23-10 09:06 PM
    I would personally go back to the store, and explain your situation, explain how you've had a lot of problems with devices, and show your current issue, You have a right as a consumer to receive a properly manufactured product.

You may have to suck up and pay the restock fee, but I think you should be able to work with them on getting one, Insist on looking at one BEFORE you accept it, and don't feel bad about making them get a few from the back, You've paid the price of the device / upgrade fee or signed a contract, so you have the entitlement.
    I completely agree with this. It took me a bit to get a good Tour as well but it was completely worth all the hassle when I did get one working. I would do it all over again.
    02-23-10 09:31 PM
    Should I just get a buggy samsung windows phone, which is 100 percent perfectly built. Or a bb with a nice OS but unusable hardware?
    i would stick with BB..there are a good number or 9630 owners that have experienced your situation and enjoy the device once they find one that works for them.

Or hopefully the bold 9650/97xx will come out before your 30 day trial period ends
    02-23-10 09:34 PM
    Thanks. I don't think i can wait that long til 9650 comes out. I love the tour, as long as it works. Do you think they will look at me as if I am crazy, if i tell them that my third tour is having problems? I mean the trackball works fine, it's just that it really annoys me and its positioned a bit too deep, not like on my 1st or 2nd tour.
    02-23-10 10:38 PM
    I would go back 20 times if that's what it takes to get a good phone... they don't have any reason to not give you another one. It would be different if you abused them or something,,but in this case I would tell them you want another one and yes check it out with a fine tooth comb when you get it before you leave the store. PS, if you want a Samsung, I have two Instincts sitting on the shelf collecting dust....lol, don't go there.
    02-23-10 10:40 PM
    I'd go back to the store and tell them the problem you're having. You paid for a new phone. You deserve to have one that you can live with. I would definetely look at the phone, check out the trackball, battery door and any thing else before the phone is activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 10:42 PM
    just take it back and check the new one over before you walk out. just demand that a rep watches you when you are looking at the phone, or they can be tricky and say you damaged it in the store.
    02-23-10 10:46 PM
    Thanks. I don't think i can wait that long til 9650 comes out. I love the tour, as long as it works. Do you think they will look at me as if I am crazy, if i tell them that my third tour is having problems? I mean the trackball works fine, it's just that it really annoys me and its positioned a bit too deep, not like on my 1st or 2nd tour.
    Definitely go back as many times as it takes to get one you're happy with. We will think you're crazy if you don't

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 08:24 AM
    I've only had my Tour for about two months, but it is BY far the best phone I've ever had! I have not had any issues with hardware or software, and while I realize it is still new, the OS has proved to be very stable and the phone is solid.

Unfortunately, it seems you have picked the short straw in terms of hardware.

It is definitely worth using all means necessary to get the phone (in its intended state) for which you paid.
    02-24-10 08:35 AM
    I ordered my Tour online and was having issues with it. Sprint let me return it 2 times before my 30 days was up and the phone wasn't having another problem.
    02-24-10 10:29 AM
    Heres a solution....

Go to the store, and ask to see a phone from the back room thats brand new in box.... if it has issues, DONT BUY IT!

Buying online is a joke because they send out all their crappy inventory to people cuz the majority of people in this world don't know any better.
    02-24-10 10:35 AM
    Keep going back!! My tour is the best phone I've ever had. I've had Palms with the Palm OS and WinMO, HTC's with WinMO, and numerous dumb phones. Like they say, Third times a charm!!
    02-24-10 12:55 PM
    Keep going back!! My tour is the best phone I've ever had. I've had Palms with the Palm OS and WinMO, HTC's with WinMO, and numerous dumb phones. Like they say, Third times a charm!!
    Unbelievable! I just came from a sprint store, they wouldn't allow me to exchange the phone. They looked at me as if I am crazy and said that trackball is fine and they can't do anything. Then I said ok then I am willing to pay the restocking fee and exchange it as my 1 phone exchange. But the manager said no! He said that he can exchange for another phone, but not for the same one! Unbelivable!!! I argued with the manager for 30 minutes, he still wouldn't do it.
    Does anyone have any advice? Is there some kind of executive services phone number? Please help
    02-24-10 03:24 PM
    bump............
    Unbelievable! I just came from a sprint store, they wouldn't allow me to exchange the phone. They looked at me as if I am crazy and said that trackball is fine and they can't do anything. Then I said ok then I am willing to pay the restocking fee and exchange it as my 1 phone exchange. But the manager said no! He said that he can exchange for another phone, but not for the same one! Unbelivable!!! I argued with the manager for 30 minutes, he still wouldn't do it.
    Does anyone have any advice? Is there some kind of executive services phone number? Please help
    02-24-10 03:30 PM
    you can try another sprint store, or call customer service for sprint.
    With my dare i had to go to three verizon stores till they would give me a replacement for the sticking letters. I had to find a rep that had seen my problem before because every other store said it was impossible for the letters to stick when it does not have a physical keyboard.
    02-24-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD