I am with Sprint and have the Curve 8330. I am sold on how the Tour beats the 8330 and leaves it in the dust. I am due for my 1 year upgrade next week on the 1st. The question is should I get it now or should I wait for the rumored Tour with Wi-Fi next year? I do like having Wi-Fi but I don't want to have buyer's remorse when I get now then all of a sudden in a few months a Wi-Fi Tour comes out.
    08-25-09 06:15 PM
    Honestly, I think wi-fi is kind of useless on the Tour since Sprint and Verizon don't support UMA. Sprint's EVDO is plenty fast to support the BB browser.

How often will you find yourself sitting at a hot spot wishing you had wi-fi on your BB?

I had wi-fi on my 8900 and 8320 and never used it. If I'm at home, I'm on my PC, not my BB browser.
    08-25-09 06:45 PM
    Now

10chars
    08-25-09 06:59 PM
    I had the same dilema. Then my friend told me to take the leap and buy it.
    I did, and don't regret it evena bit. And honestly, wifi isn't going to be much since Evdo is pretty fast.
    And plus, you can always return within 30 days if you don't like it, no questions asked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 07:22 PM
    Get it now! Go,go,go!

08-25-09 07:26 PM
    Do it! I dare you.

08-25-09 07:29 PM
    I am with Sprint and have the Curve 8330. I am sold on how the Tour beats the 8330 and leaves it in the dust. I am due for my 1 year upgrade next week on the 1st. The question is should I get it now or should I wait for the rumored Tour with Wi-Fi next year? I do like having Wi-Fi but I don't want to have buyer's remorse when I get now then all of a sudden in a few months a Wi-Fi Tour comes out.
    Wi-Fi isn't that big a deal at all imo. People have been using VZW/Sprint Blackberries without WiFi just fine. On the other hand, having T-Mobile and Wifi...well that's a match made in heaven.
    08-25-09 07:31 PM
    Honestly, I think wi-fi is kind of useless on the Tour since Sprint and Verizon don't support UMA. Sprint's EVDO is plenty fast to support the BB browser.

How often will you find yourself sitting at a hot spot wishing you had wi-fi on your BB?

I had wi-fi on my 8900 and 8320 and never used it. If I'm at home, I'm on my PC, not my BB browser.
    I agree with tscharf i would get the Tour now instead of waiting til Rim put the WIFI in the to the Tour hardware
    08-25-09 07:35 PM
    Get it now...best phone I ever owned...I love mine
    08-25-09 07:49 PM
    Get it now...best phone I ever owned...I love mine
    Yep. Well said!
    08-25-09 08:01 PM
    My last phone was an HTC Diamond that had wifi and there was not a single time that I used it because I couldn't get an EVDO connection, just a couple times to play around. There are certainly some people who would greatly benefit from it but in general I think it is overrated.
    08-25-09 08:08 PM
    Go for it man, if u keep watin for the next cool thing to come out you will never get a new one. I got a new Tour two weeks ago, and am lovin it, no regrets
    08-25-09 08:33 PM
    I had WiFi on my HTC Diamond Used it once and honestly, Sprint's EVDO Speeds are just as good, if not better

08-25-09 08:35 PM
    My last phone was an HTC Diamond that had wifi and there was not a single time that I used it because I couldn't get an EVDO connection, just a couple times to play around. There are certainly some people who would greatly benefit from it but in general I think it is overrated.
    Many airliners are being fitted for wifi... if you are a frequent flyer, then there will be times where EVDO is unuseable and wifi will be available. Of course, one may prefer to use their netbooks/laptops for such times.
    08-25-09 08:37 PM
    im luvin tour over 9530 and 8330
    08-25-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD