I had great help at the other BB forum but I figure I'd get your guys' input too...
    What is your guys' opinion on getting the Tour? Should I get it now and just put up with having to take it back and getting a new phone come that time? Or do you think this problem (trackball and such) will be fixed within a few months (around December 25th lol)
    My parents are fine with getting it now and are ready to, but if you think they will or if BB or Verizon has said anything about them fixing these issues within a few months, then I will just wait and have them get it as a Christmas gift.

If you have ANY input just go ahead and tell me

Thanks
    09-06-09 12:44 PM
    i say wait. But then again im probably one of three of the 1.5 million members at CB that is patient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:46 PM
    I haven't had any problems with my Tour so I see no problem with getting it now as opposed to waiting. I do understand that others have had problems which is almost to be expected when a new device is released. Just know that there are quite a few people that have phones that are working as advertised, they're just less likely to post about it on the internet.
    09-06-09 12:53 PM
    I'd say get the Tour but wait until an OS update releases to fix lags and bugs...
    09-06-09 01:01 PM
    Well wont that be available to everyone? If so then its no problem with me, Im fine with having to return the phone a get a new one if necessary
    09-06-09 01:04 PM
    I got my Tour about a week ago. There was no "green dot" on the packaging, but I haven't seen any issues.

I'm happy as ever with it. I also came from a Storm that had nothing but problems (which were slooooowly fixed with OS leaks)...

My wife also upgraded from a Curve and she is overwhelmed with the difference between the two.

What's the worst that happens? You don't like it and bring it back for a replacement?
    Last edited by wouldya; 09-06-09 at 01:12 PM.
    09-06-09 01:10 PM
    I got my Tour about a week ago. There was no "green dot" on the packaging, but I haven't seen any issues.

I'm happy as ever with it. I also came from a Storm that had nothing but problems (which were slooooowly fixed with OS leaks)...

My wife also upgraded from a Curve and she is overwhelmed with the difference between the two.

What's the worst that happens? You don't like it and bring it back for a replacement?
    exactly. I have no problem with that

BUT! If I order it from Amazon where do I get the replacement from? Could I still take it to Verizon and have them replace it?
    09-06-09 01:17 PM
    I had great help at the other BB forum but I figure I'd get your guys' input too...Thanks
    what other BB fourm? this is the only and best BB fourm out there!

alright, all jokes aside....

The Tour when it first came out had an issue with its trackball. The trackballs have been corrected by RIM going on 3 weeks now. The new Batches of Tours do not have any known hardware problems to date.

I say if your looking at buying a Tour, now is the time! September 15th an OS update comes out (4.7.1.42) This update will fix any of the small bugs that are in the OS right now, which is hardly any of them)

The Tour is the best Blackberry I have ever had so far
    09-06-09 01:21 PM
    So w/ Verizon am I able to buy a phone at the 2 year contract price and just extend my contract 2 years from that date even though I just got a new phone at the 2 year contract price?
    09-06-09 01:27 PM
    So w/ Verizon am I able to buy a phone at the 2 year contract price and just extend my contract 2 years from that date even though I just got a new phone at the 2 year contract price?
    if your in a contract now with Verizon and now you want a Tour. You will have to pay full retail for your Tour if your still under contract.
    09-06-09 01:29 PM
    exactly. I have no problem with that

BUT! If I order it from Amazon where do I get the replacement from? Could I still take it to Verizon and have them replace it?
    I don't think Amazon is any different from buying the phone from a kiosk in the mall or a seemingly fly-by-night cell phone-beeper-calling card-oil change-deli spot on the corner.

If you call Verizon and just bi**h at them enough, and have the patience to go through their trouble shooting tips, a replacement will be on its way to you.
    09-06-09 01:35 PM
    if your in a contract now with Verizon and now you want a Tour. You will have to pay full retail for your Tour if your still under contract.
    well Im planing on ordering from here.. AmazonWireless

Here is my situation.. A couple months ago we got the buy a Samsung get up to 4 of the same free. So we did that.
    I want to buy the BB from that link above and pay the extra $30/mo but will there be any charges from Verizon?
    09-06-09 01:40 PM
    I might order the phone today so..
    not to be pushy or anything lol
    09-06-09 02:11 PM
    Here is something to think about;

If you get it now, you stand a good chance to get other gifts at Christmas. Get it now!

09-06-09 03:02 PM
    Here is something to think about;

If you get it now, you stand a good chance to get other gifts at Christmas. Get it now!

LOL not helpful what-so-ever but alright.
    09-06-09 03:04 PM
    If you can get it for the discounted price I would get it now. If it turns out to be faulty you can always get it replaced for free.
    09-06-09 03:09 PM
    So, the phone is apprx $75 dollars no matter what plan or when the contract runs out?? (this is for renewal, cheaper for new clients)
    09-06-09 03:17 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Tour. First had a bad trackball. After a less than desireable scenario in a VZW retail store, I called the 800 number and the rep sent me a replacement with really no questions asked. 2 days later, the "green dot" Tour shows up, but I quickly realize that the housing under the LED indicator was "popped up" and didn't sit flush with the screen. Another call to the 800 number. The rep said something like "well thats definitely not supposed to be like that. Sounds like it was damaged during shipping- I'll overnight you a replacement"
    the next day ANOTHER green dot shows up and it's perfect. Trackball is smooth as silk, battery door is tight, all of the housing is assembled properly and the phone had an improved feel (from the keyboard to nothing squeaking or creaking)
    09-06-09 03:18 PM
    So, the phone is apprx $75 dollars no matter what plan or when the contract runs out?? (this is for renewal, cheaper for new clients)
    Yes I would do the $75 one and then if you go through all the steps.. oh just look yourself..

09-06-09 03:32 PM
    I had great help at the other BB forum but I figure I'd get your guys' input too...
    What is your guys' opinion on getting the Tour? Should I get it now and just put up with having to take it back and getting a new phone come that time? Or do you think this problem (trackball and such) will be fixed within a few months (around December 25th lol)
    My parents are fine with getting it now and are ready to, but if you think they will or if BB or Verizon has said anything about them fixing these issues within a few months, then I will just wait and have them get it as a Christmas gift.

If you have ANY input just go ahead and tell me

Thanks
    My brother and I got our Tours back on 7/29/2009...I have been a BB user for more than 4 years now & my brother has been a BB user since December of '08. This is the BEST BB that I have ever used. It is for the POWER user! My brother and I both upgraded from the Curves and at first, we thought that it would be a while before another BB was developed that could match up to the Curve. But this powerful baby is really proving itself. I'm hooked up to my company's BES as well and just like my past BBs, it has been an awesome experience! We truly believe that you will LOVE the Tour!

09-06-09 03:44 PM
    Andyffer:

Looks good. I wonder why I "may" be willing to pay Verizon more except for the instant gratification of buying and having it.

I am eligible for a new-every-2 from Verizon TOMORROW. So my cost would be $99.

Had I known about this a week or so I might have jumped on it.

Good luck and may your Tour (de france) wear a yellow jersey and be a winner.
    09-06-09 03:52 PM
    I didn't have to pay the full retail price for mine. i got mine for 149.99 after the 100.00 rebate. and i was in the middle of my contract.
    09-06-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD