The company I work for is giving me the option to upgrade to whichever device I would like. I currently have an old 8703 through Verizon. They are offering me whichever phone through whichever network I want. I get good service through both AT&T and Verizon. Would I be missing anything if I got the Bold through AT&T (besides Verizon's network and a slightly better camera?) I did not like the 8900 as I thought it was too small for me. Any thoughts on which device I should get?
    07-06-09 09:54 PM
    Tour, unless not having wifi is a huge issue for you (for some people it is. I don't get it.).

Also look into coverage.
    07-06-09 10:04 PM
    If you are satisfied with the call quality of AT&T, then I would suggest the Bold. However once I switched to Verizon, I haven't given other carriers much though. Well, besides from Sprint's unlimited everything plan that temps me .
    07-06-09 10:05 PM
    If you get good service, I would go with the Bold.

But as I live on the coast and we evacuate 2-3 times a year for hurricanes, I've learned the hard way that Verizon is the best.

So anything but Verizon is not an option for me. Otherwise, I would get the Bold.
    07-06-09 10:33 PM
    Well I believe that verizon will get you the better network but you should just wait until the tour comes out and play around with it and compare it to the bold
    07-07-09 12:56 AM
    Basically I will answer the same way with any this or that device.

Go to both stores, play around with the demo device and decide from there. That is, if coverage is the same in your area.
    07-07-09 01:10 AM
    If you travel a lot and stay to metropolitan areas I would go with the Bold for the wifi. I you travel a lot to a variety of areas I would go with the Tour for the better 3G coverage.
    07-07-09 05:16 AM
    Your lucky that you have the choice to choose the device you want. My company did away with the Verizon contracts and went w/ AT&T. We all have the Bold and I must admit its a great phone.For my personal needs I am planning to upgrade from an 8330 to the Tour. I should be able to give you a better comarision in a week or so :-) Either device is a great choice you can't go wrong with either.Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 06:24 AM
    I have a Bold and love it. I can't remember ever having a phone that felt so solid and performed so well. I had a curve 8310 and I always felt like I was holding on to a fragile piece of plastic. Not sure about the Tour. Be very wary of AT&T though. I travel all across the country frequently and I get more dropped calls or have bad coverage than I can mention.
    07-07-09 10:43 AM
    I agree with everyone about the service. I would largely base this decision on the carrier to be honest not the device. If you don't mind as much about call quality (depending on you area) then think about if you need WI-FI(which would be the bold). The one other point no one has mentioned is the bold is a thick phone most people have trouble with it in the pocket, now I havent gotten my hands on a tour but its dimensions list it as thinner (just a suggestion!)
    07-07-09 12:21 PM
    If you work for a company that doesnt allow you to use a lot of data. Wifi may be the best route as well. My fathers company uses verizon and they cap what you can use the phone to do. I believe with wi-fi you could unlock some capablilites
    07-07-09 12:23 PM
    I agree with the others on first considering coverage issues, then going to stores and playing around with the two phones. I have great 3G coverage with AT&T and believe that wifi on airplanes in the future will be a plus. I love my Bold!
    07-07-09 12:41 PM
    I'd go with the Tour, nothing but good reviews about it and I'm considering one myself in the next few months here.
    07-07-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD