Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102
  1. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Shortcuts for Blackberry Tour 9630

    If you know any new or old shortcuts...do share, but let's not hog and ***** the thread so it's easy for everyone to see

    hold "Q" - change profile to vibrate only
    hold "A" - keyboard lock
    hold "send" - call list
    hold "blackberry" - switch application

    in message list:
    "U" - goto next unread message
    "B" - scroll to bottom
    "T" - scroll to top
    "P" - scroll to previous day
    "N" - scroll to next day
    "del" - delete item
    "E" - goto delivery error
    "F" - forward
    "R" - reply
    "S" - search
    "V" - goto saved messages
    "C" - compose email



    while in Internet Browser:
    "I" - zoom in
    "O" zoom out
  2. jasonezzell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    140 Posts
    PIN
    KERTON
    #2  

    Default

    Actually holding "send" brings up the address book...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. boston tour's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonezzell View Post
    Actually holding "send" brings up the address book...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It doesnt bring up true address book, clicking on a contact will call them instead of viewing contact details.

    heres one, while in sms inbox press "m" to get to your email messages.
  4. jasonezzell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    140 Posts
    PIN
    KERTON
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boston tour View Post
    ...clicking on a contact will call them instead of viewing contact details.
    Fair point. But it's certainly not the call log. And you can edit by pressing the BB button. Good list though so far guys.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonezzell View Post
    Actually holding "send" brings up the address book...
    Quote Originally Posted by boston tour View Post
    It doesnt bring up true address book, clicking on a contact will call them instead of viewing contact details.

    That's what I meant, not the call history...however, if you press escape after that, it will take you to your call history...
  6. cadmonkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #6  

    Default

    where is escape?
  7. wsfanatic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    177 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    If you read the first few pages of the manual, it gives a laundry list of different shortcuts available on the Tour.
  8. wsfanatic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    177 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadmonkey View Post
    where is escape?
    Just to the right of the trackball.
  9. wth1973's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    673 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    press space bar twice for a period
  10. b.asagba's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    724 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    thanks, very useful!
    Houston Rockets.
    Tennessee Titans.
  11. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wsfanatic View Post
    If you read the first few pages of the manual, it gives a laundry list of different shortcuts available on the Tour.
    yes, but it doesn't give you all the keys...
  12. loganm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    an addition to the "in messages list":

    "L" - reply to all
  13. chaseh140's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    613 Posts
    PIN
    32FB6E12
    #13  

    Default

    I love shortcuts. It seems every time I wonder onto a shortcut thread I always learn something else.
    Ask not what your blackberry can do for you, but what you can do for your blackberry.
  14. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,175 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #14  

    Default

    Hey all, there's most of these and WAAAAAAY more in one of the Blackberry 101 tutorials:
    BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

    Didn't know the i & o for zooming!

    Btw just pressing -not holding- the send key from anywhere opens the Call Log / Phone App. I hide my Phone icon - why do you need it?!? (Shocking but true: I bet a bunch of you have it as 1 of your "fave 6" in your Home screen bottom dock...)

    For Message list, Space is Page-Down. (Actually it is also in Browser, App World in description, many other Apps, etc)
    Shift+Space is Page-Up.

    T & B work in Browser for Top & Bottom too.

    Scrolling photos full-size, P & N for Previous or Next.

    Entering web address, Space is Period, but Shift+Space is a Slash.

    Entering email address, 1st Space is @ subsequent Space's are Periods.

    From Home and Icon screens, holding W calls Voicemail.

    In Phone Options under Voice Mail, you can add your vm password.
    TIP: Add a # at end of your password to speed it up.

    In Browser, G is "Go To"

    I always knew ALT+Left-Shift was Number-Lock.
    It took me months to realize that I could also just hold down ALT with my left thumb to Number-Lock until ALT is released.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    13,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,175 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #15  

    Default

    Still shocking that BB has no shortcut in Messages to open a new text message!

    Are you listening, RIM?

    I'll check out the QSMS App I've been reading about...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post

    I always knew ALT+Left-Shift was Number-Lock.
    It took me months to realize that I could also just hold down ALT with my left thumb to Number-Lock until ALT is released.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    and ALT + right-Shift is CAP lock...
  17. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    "K" for next message in the thread list? I'm not really understanding how this works...anyone?
  18. dsolis1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    not sure if this was posted but if you:

    hold the ALT key and scroll down, you can skip like 6 messages at once while scrolling.

    Holding the Shift key and scrolling down (or up) will highlight messages.
  19. MeetJoeAsian's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsolis1 View Post
    hold the ALT key and scroll down, you can skip like 6 messages at once while scrolling.
    that's actually PAGE UP/DOWN...it takes you to the next whole page


    Quote Originally Posted by dsolis1 View Post
    holding the Shift key and scrolling down (or up) will highlight messages.
    or left and right if you only want to copy/paste a section...
  20. dsolis1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    that's actually PAGE UP/DOWN...it takes you to the next whole page
    same 'ish...


    or left and right if you only want to copy/paste a section...
    thanks point-dexter. its a highlight function in general.
  21. renny's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask...
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Hey all, there's most of these and WAAAAAAY more in one of the Blackberry 101 tutorials:
    BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

    Didn't know the i & o for zooming!

    Btw just pressing -not holding- the send key from anywhere opens the Call Log / Phone App. I hide my Phone icon - why do you need it?!? (Shocking but true: I bet a bunch of you have it as 1 of your "fave 6" in your Home screen bottom dock...)

    For Message list, Space is Page-Down. (Actually it is also in Browser, App World in description, many other Apps, etc)
    Shift+Space is Page-Up.

    T & B work in Browser for Top & Bottom too.

    Scrolling photos full-size, P & N for Previous or Next.

    Entering web address, Space is Period, but Shift+Space is a Slash.

    Entering email address, 1st Space is @ subsequent Space's are Periods.

    From Home and Icon screens, holding W calls Voicemail.

    In Phone Options under Voice Mail, you can add your vm password.
    TIP: Add a # at end of your password to speed it up.

    In Browser, G is "Go To"

    I always knew ALT+Left-Shift was Number-Lock.
    It took me months to realize that I could also just hold down ALT with my left thumb to Number-Lock until ALT is released.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for some of the additional shortcuts. I always like learning new ways to make my BB use more efficient.

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

    --George Washington--
    --------------------------------------------------------------
  22. frasej's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    PIN
    's... They hurt
    #22  

    Default

    Don't forget the all important
    alt-right shift-del to force a reboot of the phone. I almost never do an actual battery pull.
  23. cammy9's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Great info, just learned a ton of new things.
  24. gijoe313's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    i thought i read this somewhere but can't find it again.

    does anyone know how to program shortcut to place : 's after words
    without having to push "alt - k - s" button every single time?
  25. loafmaster's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    On my old 8830 there used to be an option to enable keyboard shortcuts or something along those lines. With this option enabled, pressing various buttons on the home screen opens different things, like O = options, V = saved messages, M = messages, etc.. I don't see this option on the Tour. Did they take it out or can someone point me to it?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions