Does anyone know how to set the clock as one of the "speed dials"...like be default my letter A is set to lock the phone...How could I set the letter C to be the Clock?
    08-29-09 02:55 PM
    Does anyone know how to set the clock as one of the "speed dials"...like be default my letter A is set to lock the phone...How could I set the letter C to be the Clock?
    As of now, I don't think there's a way. I sent an email to the developer of QuickLaunch asking for a Clock shortcut and their response was that they were "working on it".

If anyone else has a solution for this, I'd love to hear it as well!
    08-29-09 02:57 PM
    anyone?...............
    08-29-09 05:12 PM
    Actually, I totally misspoke before - you can absolutely create a QL shortcut for the clock...it's the alarm clock short cut that they're working on. Sorry for the confusion there...
    08-29-09 07:14 PM
    how do i do it?
    08-29-09 07:15 PM
    You could also make it either of your side buttons!
    08-29-09 07:17 PM
    thats a great idea as well, however i would be interest to know how I could set my letter C to launch the clock as well.....
    08-29-09 07:19 PM
    how do i do it?
    The first thing you need to do is purchase and download QuickLaunch to your phone, which you can find in the CB App Store.

From there, open QL and then BB Menu Button>Application choose Clock from the pulldown menu and assign it to any Shortcut Key you like.

Alternatively, as thesultan mentioned, you can also assign your clock to one of your convenience keys via Options>Screen/Keyboard.

Good luck!

PS - I would imagine there are other shortcut programs out there, but I've been a longtime fan of QuickLaunch, hence the suggestion.
    08-29-09 07:22 PM
    does quicklaunch take up alot of application memory, i am not a fan of 3rd party apps...i know i am weird...what is quicklaunch exactly...thanks so much for all your help
    08-29-09 07:34 PM
    Doesn't take up much memory on mine, no. For reference, in addition to QL I also run BerryWeather, WallpaperShuffle, Pandora and UberTwitter quite regularly on my device and my app memory is currently at 107 after a battery pull.

QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, URL, Mail, SMS, PIN, Calls, Tilt Lock, Screenshot, Reset, Media and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store!
    08-29-09 07:42 PM
    what all apps did you delete before installing all the 3rd party apps, mine only runs at 110 and I have only ONE 3rd party app installed, (BOLT BROWSER), i deleted all languages, search, password keeper, taks, um...i think thats all...what else can i delete...

ps- thanks for being so helpful
    08-29-09 07:45 PM
    The only thing I deleted were the excess languages I don't need. I'm pretty sure QL offers a trial -- why not run that for a few days to see if it adversely affects your app memory? I suspect it won't but seeing as you're so concerned about it, a trial run sounds like the way to go for you...
    Last edited by CafeRacer808; 08-29-09 at 07:51 PM.
    08-29-09 07:46 PM
    dang...well something crazy is up with my phone then....hmmm
    08-29-09 07:49 PM
    Honestly, I don't think so. I believe my App Memory was closer to 109-110 before I started adding all my 3rd Party Apps. With the apps listed above, I'm now at 107 and the device runs still perfectly with no lag.

That being said, I've a trackball problem that just surfaced this week, but that's another story...
    08-29-09 07:57 PM
    yeah those dang trackballs...up by your name why are you an "Abuser" and I am a "User"...sorry I am kinda new still
    08-29-09 08:00 PM
    yeah those dang trackballs...up by your name why are you an "Abuser" and I am a "User"...sorry I am kinda new still
    It has to do with the number of posts you make on CB. I believe once you hit 100, your status is upgraded to Abuser...
    08-29-09 08:01 PM
    ah, I see...well thanks again man for all your help tonight...have a good rest of the weekend and I see ya around here soon im sure : )
    08-29-09 08:03 PM
    No worries. Good luck with getting that shortcut worked out...
    08-29-09 08:09 PM
    Speaking of shortcuts...does anyone know of a way to change the two top buttons? tia
    08-29-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD