I got my first BB yesterday at it's the tour. I'm learning all the little tricks with it, but one thing I noticed is that hitting C with sms and mms open starts a new email, which I don't like. Is there a different key to start an sms or a way to change what the C key starts? Thanks in advance for any info. given.
    07-20-09 02:05 PM
    while we're at it, is there a shortcut to send an MMS when an image is open or right after you take a photo?
    07-20-09 02:10 PM
    Hit the menu key while looking at the photo and you should get an option to send as MMS.

For composing, it's a blackberry so it defaults to e-mail. I'm not sure how to change that.
    I just find the person in my recent messages and hit r to reply. I'd also like to know the answer to this one.
    07-20-09 02:15 PM
    If there isn't a shortcut for that the ShoZu app should allow you to do that. It's free and you can get it at www.shozu.com .
    07-20-09 02:16 PM
    I was spoiled by the speed dial options on my WinMo phone. I had speed dial set up for SMS to individial contacts. I haven't figured out how to do the same thing on my Tour.

Seems like a lot of things took fewer steps on the WinMo phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 02:18 PM
    I got my first BB yesterday at it's the tour. I'm learning all the little tricks with it, but one thing I noticed is that hitting C with sms and mms open starts a new email, which I don't like. Is there a different key to start an sms or a way to change what the C key starts? Thanks in advance for any info. given.
    I learned this from CB approximately 6 months ago.

If you type a lot of text messages you can use the letter q to take you immediately to the SMS page.

INSTRUCTIONS: On your BB, go to browser and enter berrycoder.com. It will give you a few selections to choose from. Select the first entry, QSMS, and it will download it to your device. Once downloaded, for all future SMS's, all you have to do is quickly select the q key; it will take you directly to the SMS page.

NOTE: A green/black SMS icon will be installed in your download folder.
    07-20-09 02:22 PM
    I learned this from CB approximately 6 months ago.

If you type a lot of text messages you can use the letter q to take you immediately to the SMS page.

INSTRUCTIONS: On your BB, go to browser and enter berrycoder.com. It will give you a few selections to choose from. Select the first entry, QSMS, and it will download it to your device. Once downloaded, for all future SMS's, all you have to do is quickly select the q key; it will take you directly to the SMS page.

NOTE: A green/black SMS icon will be installed in your download folder.
    doesnt work for me.
    07-20-09 02:44 PM
    Just do a search for QSMS. Program works great on my tour.
    07-20-09 02:45 PM
    doesnt work for me.
    Make sure your browser is set to Blackberry in the Browser Options.
    07-20-09 02:47 PM
    I just changed my Voice Command shortcut button (left) to SMS. Works good enough for me.
    07-20-09 02:48 PM
    Also make sure that you have set dial from home off. I actually set my right convenience key to qsms so that brings up a new sms.
    07-20-09 02:49 PM
    Make sure your browser is set to Blackberry in the Browser Options.
    qsms didnt work for me.
    maybe i messed something up for configuring it?
    07-20-09 03:07 PM
    i just set sms and mms to left convience key. one key access to all ur texting
    07-20-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD