Is there a shortcut using the keyboard to close a program (completely close it, not just sent it to the Applications list)? This is for a Tour, but I would imagine this would be appropriate for any BB's.

Without this shortcut, to close a program, one must go into the menu for the program, scroll down and click "close." Using other shortcuts, this would be a REAL timesaver!!
    08-07-09 09:25 PM
    I know if you hold the back button on the browser it will close the browser. That might work for other programs too, but I don't know for sure
    08-07-09 09:37 PM
    yea holding back the back key closes almost all programs
    08-07-09 10:01 PM
    I tried this on a bunch of different programs and it WORKED!! After I opened a program, I would press and hold the "Back" button (the curved arrow to the right of the trackball). Then I checked to see if the application was still listed as open by holding down the BB menu button, which would give the "Switch Applications" menu. None of the programs I opened and close using the "Back" button were still listed as being open, other than those that are always open such as Phone, BB Messenger, Home, Browser, Messages. You may have found it!!!!!

Many thanks!! If this holds true, it should be posted with the basic shortcuts.
    08-07-09 10:06 PM
    Thanks a bunch, I was getting annoyed going thru 5 screens to shut down programs. This is so much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:25 PM
    menu "c" until u get to close. works for me
    08-07-09 11:16 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

08-07-09 11:21 PM
    FYI, holding the back button doesn't close google maps.

08-08-09 12:01 AM
    Does not work with Viigo.
    08-08-09 06:52 AM
    And BB app world

08-08-09 07:30 AM
    FYI, holding the back button doesn't close google maps.

You are right. However, the "menu e" is a good shortcut, as mentioned by b.asaga, who uses "menu c" for fast closes. The "e" for Google maps is because it lists "exit" for the close command. Most other pgms use "close", thus the "c".

Either way, it sure beats menu after menu, scroll scroll scroll.

Again thanks to the community!
    08-08-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD