I purchased a factory reconditioned Tour Last week, that had a origional OP system on it. Didn't really play with it much till I connected it to my BB Desktop Manager to get the latest official update (4.7.1.61). My battery Life is Horrible!! I would guess about 8 hours with light to medium use.

Do I have a defective battery, or is this an issue with version .61 ????

Thanks in Advance!
    01-25-10 07:51 AM
    If your using your phone heavliy I would think eight hours is fine but it depends how you use it, I read my email's like 7am then rock pandora for like an hour shut it down make calls thru out the day and surf web and like 8pm I'm at 30% but it does vary as I use abuse this tour on different days depending what's going on that day. Sound's fine but you can always wipe the device and re install the os and see if it help's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 12:57 PM
    are you using gtalk, aim or msn? i find that the native IM apps on BB really pull the battery down.
    01-25-10 01:07 PM
    No im not Heavily abusing it nor am I using msn, aim, or gtalk. I think I'm going to try installing the new op system tonight to see if that helps.....

I did notice that the moisture indicator was Red on the battery itself. That doesn't bother me because it was also red on my last BB.

Another question...... Where can you get an adaptor so that you can use a standard 3.5mm headphone jack??
    01-26-10 06:25 AM
    Ok, sorry I answered my own question about the Headphone Jack (used the search function).
    Is it the metal tab that is in the top of the cylinder, or the small one on the side toward the screen?
    01-26-10 06:47 AM
    If you recently updated your OS (as in the past day or two), give it some time to settle in along with a couple battery pulls and you should notice increased performance by the 48th hour.

Or you can just upgrade to 5.0...
    01-26-10 07:38 AM
    Make sure you're running an official OS, most times beta OSs can have a toll on battery life. I have given my dad my Tour but the only beta OS i could trust was .230 but i am sure this is an old one by now. I have the 9700 and in trying beta OSs i have noticed battery life being terrible until i switch back to an official one.
    01-26-10 08:04 AM
    Make sure you're running an official OS, most times beta OSs can have a toll on battery life. I have given my dad my Tour but the only beta OS i could trust was .230 but i am sure this is an old one by now. I have the 9700 and in trying beta OSs i have noticed battery life being terrible until i switch back to an official one.
    I've heard the .442 beta leak for the 9700 yields some great battery results.
    01-26-10 08:38 AM
    Ok, got my 3.5mm jack working great! yes, i'm running the "official .61 OP".

I believe I'll give the new 5.0 operating sys a try tonight. Hope all goes well........

Thanks for a the advise! This site ROCKS!!!
    01-26-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD