Well I knew it had to happen one day and today was the day I am always so careful with my phones cleaning them regularly and using cases etc. Well it started with my Storm and now with my Tour I just love the feel of them with out a case I would go naked and just have a skin for travelling whenever I left the house. Well I was wrapping gifts tonight and ran out of tape so ran to Walgreens to get tape. I realized half way there I had not put my tour in its skin.

Sure enough as I was getting into my truck it slipped out of my hand and time slowed to almost a stand still as I watched my baby plummet to the asphalt below. Followed by the gut wrenching sickening sound of the impact. She didn't skip a beat no reset no battery door flying off NOTHING. So happy! But she does have a nice battle scar on the bezel above the headset jack. Lessen to learn Don't let your baby run around naked!

Ha Ha figured fellow crackheads would understand my pain
    12-07-09 07:47 PM
    o yes i know how that feels i dropped mine one good time and the next day i ordered the otterbox commuter series!!!!
    12-07-09 07:50 PM
    I know how it feels
    12-07-09 08:07 PM
    I bought my Tour in July and I haven't droppin it yet (knock on wood). I make sure I keep the skin on it at all times except for when I clean it. Whenever ur driving, if nobody is in the passenger seat just keep it there. The lap is a bad place to keep ur phone when ur driving.
    12-07-09 09:12 PM
    I dropped my phone the other day. I'm such a bad BB parent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:16 PM
    I'm willing to take te risk. I already put a black bezel on my Tour so of I dropped I would just get a replacement bezel and whatever else got damaged. I'm still going to be very careful though.
    12-07-09 09:29 PM
    The first time I dropped my berry about 6 months after I bought it. Ever since then it has dropped so many times. Its like after the first drop I started being careless. Very sad. Luckily I get to upgrade 2/1.

12-07-09 09:31 PM
    I did the same thing. I never have any skins and always take real good care of my stuff and never drop them...until last week. I dropped my Tour and now it's scratched on the bottom. I'm so bummed but I think I will live with it.
    12-07-09 09:48 PM
    I was so in love with Tour when she arrived in July, but eventually and through no fault of her own I started to take advantage of her. You know how it is, it so fun and exciting when things start off, you take care of her, buy her anything she wants, but spending all your time together with nothing your own and you start to resent her, you stop looking at her right away after a vibration, you make her sleep down stairs just so you can sleep in peace and the next thing you know she is sitting on your lap in the car and you forgot she was there you swing both legs out of the door like it was a race or something and boom big nasty scar that will never go away.

12-07-09 10:28 PM
    I've dropped my Tour like 5 times now, the rubberized back and sides have kept it from sustaining any noticeable damage, good design thought by RIM, drop your iphone once and the glass screen is historrry bad news broke one an an ipod touch doing this, like a supermodel pretty but if you slap her a round a few times she bruises easily. My last curve I had fell into a cup of beer, fell into a sink full of water, was thrown against a wall by a person (ex gf) and dropped at least 20 and still works BB's can take a licken.

12-08-09 02:31 AM
    Otterbox works well
    12-08-09 07:20 AM
    I have a skin and being a woman, I am not really fond of the black case that came with the phone, but will use it if I want to wear it. I did get a really pretty case for it though that is maroon and has different pink color stripes. I am berry berry careful with my Tour as all phones I have had. At home I will use it naked but if I am out and about, it is either in the skin, or one of the cases. I love my Tour and so far no scratches. I also have the invisible shield on the screen. It costs more but it is protected and it does have a lifetime warranty on it. I highly recommend you get the shield on any BB or any screen for that matter.
    12-08-09 02:00 PM
    Now here is the question. When your phone is falling, do it seem like it takes forever for it to hit the ground? Like you have all this time to catch it in mid air for a nice recovery...lol It the same as when you lock your keys in the car and realize it right as the door slams shut...lol
    12-08-09 02:04 PM
    It the same as when you lock your keys in the car and realize it right as the door slams shut...lol
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Then you can see your keys still in the ignition - so close, but so far away
    12-08-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD