Is there any way at all to permanently delete service books on a Tour? I have service books for all the messengers, GPS, etc. That I don't use and want them off my phone...lol. Is it possible to have them removed permanently?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:39 PM
    No. Your phone re-registers with the BIS anytime you turn your phone on and usually verifys the service books. Some of them do more than you think and since they don't take up much space at all I wouldn't delete them unless you're troubleshooting with tech support but they send them right back. Why does it bother you?

09-17-09 01:36 AM
    Darn crap that we don't want. RIM should offer a service book removal tool that let's the USER choose what's pushed.

09-17-09 05:37 AM
    Service books don't just do one thing, some do multiple things that you don't notice...they barely take up space anyway!
    09-17-09 06:54 AM
    Service books don't just do one thing, some do multiple things that you don't notice...they barely take up space anyway!
    It's not really a memory issue to me...I just don't like seeing the apps on my phone, that's all. Thanks for all of your help.
    10-08-09 01:19 AM
    service books show nothing on your phone, what are you trying to do?
    10-08-09 01:21 AM
    I just hide the icons I don't use or put them in a separate folder.
    10-08-09 02:20 AM
    If you want the apps off your phone, delete them from Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications.

Service books can control many things, including whether an installed application is visible, but if the App is uninstalled, you wont see it anyway.
    10-08-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD