One of our users has a Blackberry Tour through AT&T. She recently upgraded from a Bold. The reason she upgraded was AT&T suggested she get a new phone to try and resolve an issue.

Normally emails come in that are sent and dropped into messages. Normally you can just go to options and hide all sent items, and everything with a check mark next to it will vanish like magic!

The problem she was having was that whenever she powered her device on and off, it would pull in all her sent emails from the past two weeks (Outlook only) and drop them in to messages, but they would appear as a normal email, not sent as it wouldn't have the check mark next to it. If you go in to it it shows that it's under Sent Items, but it says opened, not the normal way they show when sent.

We just provisioned the device this morning and it pulled in about 400 emails she sent over the past two weeks from Outlook only. Again doing hide sent does nothing. The only thing that works is changing the view to inbox, but that has to be set EVERY time you go in to messages which is kind of ridiculous. We had her send a test email from Outlook, restart the phone and it showed up in messages as a 'sent item' but again no check mark and marked as opened. Any ideas?

Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007, BES 4.1.6.9
    09-03-09 12:58 PM
    AT&T doesn't offer the Tour. Is this an unlocked device?
    09-03-09 01:36 PM
    Ahh sorry about that mixing up phones, too many this morning. It's Verizon you're right.

~Matt
    09-03-09 01:44 PM
    It's all good, I just wanted to make sure you got the answer you needed by posting in the correct forum.

Now if only I had a solution to your problem...
    09-03-09 01:50 PM
    Hah thanks. She'll have to just do view, and select Inbox for now until I can figure it out!
    09-03-09 02:13 PM
    Bump..any ideas anyone?
    09-04-09 09:21 AM
    Final bump, anyone?
    09-08-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD