Today i called customer service and complained about by Storm & long story short they are sending me the Tour free of charge. The lady validated the order and everything but kind of seemed like she didn't know what she was doing. She said that when I receive the Tour I have to send back my Storm and everything that came with it including my charger & micro SD card!? Is this true or is this lady just stupid?
    08-09-09 10:14 PM
    Sounds right... it is like getting something replaced under warranty... you don't get to keep the broken one too.
    08-09-09 10:21 PM
    Yes..you have to send it back.
    08-09-09 10:24 PM
    Yes..you have to send it back.
    I understand that i have to send the phone back but why the charger and micro SD card? Do i have to send back the extra charging extensions for other countries and the computer connector?!
    08-09-09 10:29 PM
    I understand that i have to send the phone back but why the charger and micro SD card? Do i have to send back the extra charging extensions for other countries and the computer connector?!
    umm.. They are sending you a brand new phone - why the **** would you complain?

The new one will have a new charger and micro sd card (albeit a 2GB..)
    08-09-09 10:37 PM
    umm.. They are sending you a brand new phone - why the **** would you complain?

The new one will have a new charger and micro sd card (albeit a 2GB..)
    Im not complaining I'm just asking if its right. Seems stupid since the Tour has the same charging port as the storm and why would they want my micro SD card because that has everything I need on it...
    08-09-09 10:46 PM
    Im not complaining I'm just asking if its right. Seems stupid since the Tour has the same charging port as the storm and why would they want my micro SD card because that has everything I need on it...
    Well if they are going to switch it out for the new device, then they just want everything back that came with the original. No big deal...

HOWEVER! If this was a CLNR order (according to your other thread it maybe) and they don't send you a back OR battery (which I hear of ALL the time), then you're screwed. Also, the CLNR will not come with a memory card so you will have to keep your 8GB as well as the rest of your accessories that came with your storm.. Surely she did the order correctly and you won't run into this sad but common problem when phones are being ordered for replacement.

She should have noted the account and sent you to the store to pick it up if it was going as a mutli-fru type replacement.
    08-09-09 10:59 PM
    when i went to a vzw store to get my tour they wanted my bad storm and the sd card. i didnt have to give anything else. however, they were nice and said since everything on my 8gb card wouldnt fit onto a 2gb (which is what the tour comes with) they said i could just keep the 8gb and theyd hold onto the 2gb.
    08-09-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD