I have owned 2 phones in my life, my first one was a old Motorola and I have had a Treo 650 for about 5 years now. I am definetly going to upgrade to the Tour.

What I am wondering is, what significant changes are there between the "initial launch" BB's and the ones sent out lets just say a month later. I read the threads and am wondering if some of the issues people are having I can avoid by waiting a month.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    07-16-09 09:00 AM
    Unless a major defect is discovered, I don't see much, if any, changes to the manufacturing process between now and then.
    07-16-09 09:10 AM
    Well my launch BB has no issues whatsoever. None of the issues other people are seeing is present on mine.
    I don't see any point in waiting honestly
    07-16-09 09:13 AM
    There are surely hundreds of thousands, if not more, Tours made already (they sold about 300K the first day)...so I suspect you'll have to wait quite awhile for a new one. I think most of the Tour's problems can be fixed with software upgrades...except the battery door, which on mine really is a minimal bother. The rest of the problem, though...are a major bother.
    07-16-09 09:15 AM
    Thanks again, I am going to go pick it up today and just check the door to make sure its fine.
    07-16-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks again, I am going to go pick it up today and just check the door to make sure its fine.
    I would say to pick it up if you want it. No point in waiting. I was the first person where I live to get a Tour and I have no issues at all with mine (so far anyway )

My friend picked up a Tour yesterday after they had a bunch of shipments in already and his battery door is a little loose (which isn't really a problem other than a minor annoyance)

Like any other device, you can wait a year to get it and you can still get a lemon.
    07-16-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD