I tried searching for this topic, so bear with me if I'm repeating.

I have two gmail accounts, personal and work. My personal account, set up through the enhanced gmail plug in, works fine.

My problem is the second account. I have it set up on the gmail program, but I prefer the blackberry program, so I wanted to create a second mailbox for that account, also using enhanced gmail plug in.

Well, to put it bluntly, it is broken. Or, it works rarely and randomly. Problems I've noticed.

1. The red asterisk pops up on the icon when new mail arrives, but does not actually appear in the folder. Instead, this new mail is typically only accessible in the "messages" folder.

2. In this new work account inbox, some of my random personal email shows up. I'm looking at an ad email from Turbo tax, an email from a friend, and a few others, all addressed to my personal account, all additionally visible in my work inbox.

3. Maybe one or two actual work account emails are in the work account inbox.

4. Of one of the two work emails visible in the work inbox, it's date stamped as of four days ago, despite having received it mere minutes ago. It's a conversation, so its actually two unread messages, so when I click on it to look at each, it takes me to two more totally random messages from my personal account! (some advertisement email and a facebook notification email)

What is going on here!!! I couldn't be more frustrated, because I just returned my droid in favor of the tour and the keyboard, but I'm finding bug after bug that I didn't have in the google operating system.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
    12-14-09 02:58 PM
    I tried searching for this topic, so bear with me if I'm repeating.

I have two gmail accounts, personal and work. My personal account, set up through the enhanced gmail plug in, works fine.

My problem is the second account. I have it set up on the gmail program, but I prefer the blackberry program, so I wanted to create a second mailbox for that account, also using enhanced gmail plug in.

Well, to put it bluntly, it is broken. Or, it works rarely and randomly. Problems I've noticed.

1. The red asterisk pops up on the icon when new mail arrives, but does not actually appear in the folder. Instead, this new mail is typically only accessible in the "messages" folder.

2. In this new work account inbox, some of my random personal email shows up. I'm looking at an ad email from Turbo tax, an email from a friend, and a few others, all addressed to my personal account, all additionally visible in my work inbox.

3. Maybe one or two actual work account emails are in the work account inbox.

4. Of one of the two work emails visible in the work inbox, it's date stamped as of four days ago, despite having received it mere minutes ago. It's a conversation, so its actually two unread messages, so when I click on it to look at each, it takes me to two more totally random messages from my personal account! (some advertisement email and a facebook notification email)

What is going on here!!! I couldn't be more frustrated, because I just returned my droid in favor of the tour and the keyboard, but I'm finding bug after bug that I didn't have in the google operating system.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
    I've had this same problems as you. I think mine's working now...I have my messages and sms "separated" and 2 gmail accts pushed. on one gmail, its fine. the other, i couldn't delete emails, etc.. would not get new emails..but it showed up on "messages" icon. I tried deleting, repushing, rebooting etc.. nothing worked but I think it fixed itself?

I think its gmail issue not bb or network.
    12-15-09 11:30 AM
    I've got three gmail accounts setup on my Tour...I just use the regular old enhanced plugin and not the gmail app. I've never had a problem.
    12-15-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD