Hello everyone, I was hoping someone would be able to help me. My Tour got some water in the screen last night and now I have a big dark blotch in my screen. The phone is still fully functionnal (other then the previous bugs), so I was hoping someone would have a suggestion as to how I could fix it or if I have to just live with it until I can buy myself a new phone. Thanks.
    08-30-09 02:57 PM
    Sounds like you're going to have to live with it. If there's water IN the lcd, that ain't gonna be easy to resolve.
    08-30-09 03:00 PM
    I was afraid of that Poor little blackberry. Not even a month old yet

Now I'm hesitating between buying a new Tour or getting myself a Palm Pre as a replacement
    08-30-09 03:09 PM
    The Tour is a pretty sweet device! Don't know much about the Pre. Best of luck!
    Use low heat to slowly dry it out. Maybe just place in front of a fan. Or you can try the bag of rice and leave it sit overnight for a few nights.

Are you sure that the screen is not cracked?
    No, the screen isn't cracked. I can easily tell the difference, this is definitely water damage. I also tried drying it, but to no avail, although I may try the rice trick tonight just in case.
    08-30-09 03:19 PM
    I was afraid of that Poor little blackberry. Not even a month old yet

Now I'm hesitating between buying a new Tour or getting myself a Palm Pre as a replacement
    The Palm Pre is a great multimedia all purpose phone.The webOS platform has endless potential and is still in it's infancy. (Yet it's the only phone that gets compared to the Iphone on a frequent basis - a first generation smartphone going against a 3rd generation phone speaks for itself.)

My only misgiving is the Pre's build quality and small keyboard. The Tour on the other hand is very well built. If you are able to get over things, the Pre would be a great alternative.

I switched from my Pre to a Tour due to the dropped calls and call quality from Sprint and didn't use most of the features of the Pre. (i.e., apps, multimedia experience etc.) The things I use most (email, SMS, and calls) the Tour shines in.

Hope that helps!
    08-30-09 03:28 PM
    Which is precisely my hesitation. I'm big on SMS and also the lack of MSN on Pre makes me hesitate alot. I love my Tour and as my first blackberry, i'm very happy with it, but since I pretty much have to get a new phone, I figured I could consider the Pre, I played around with it alot, but I'm still hesitant. Yes, it does have wi-fi, great youtube and a "pretty" OS, but I also find that my Tour is a great phone as well. :S Such a tough decision.
    08-30-09 03:34 PM
    A few of us have had the water in the lcd problem before while installing screen protectors. Put it in the bag of rice with the battery out for as long as you can. I had this happen with my Bold and started using it with the water still in there (not recomended ) It took about a week to dissappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 03:52 PM
    The rice trick works. A coworker dropped hers while coming in out of a storm and we did that. left it for a few days and it cleared right up. It may not work every time, but still, it's worth a shot and might save you some cash.
    08-30-09 03:55 PM
    Rice? BlackBerry Sushi?
    08-30-09 05:02 PM
    Thanks alot everyone, I'll try the rice trick and I'll come back to you with the results.
    08-30-09 06:20 PM
    Finally I got lucky and it passed under the warranty and I should be getting my replacement Tour by the end of the week. Thanks everyone, I think the bag of rice helped to make it pass under the warranty.
    10-07-09 10:23 AM
    yeah i suggest just gettin another tour if tha blotch bothers yu that much..i heard the pre is even worse than the tours..i say get another tour..come on now..its a blackberry
    10-07-09 01:15 PM
    Hello everyone, I was hoping someone would be able to help me. My Tour got some water in the screen last night and now I have a big dark blotch in my screen. The phone is still fully functionnal (other then the previous bugs), so I was hoping someone would have a suggestion as to how I could fix it or if I have to just live with it until I can buy myself a new phone. Thanks.
    Pull the battery and let it sit in a dry area for at least a day (if possible) if you can use heat (sunlight, heaters, etc) as well this is preferred. don't use a blowdryer or some other artificial heat, just put it near a window or on a table under a vent or something.

if the liquid is under the LCD, you might not be able to do much, but by drying out the phone, you'll prevent any further damage, and this might minimize the current damage. The worst thing to do with a water-damaged phone is to let it continue to run before it is totally dry.
    10-07-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD