I know there have been many threads about this topic, so I'm sorry if this bothers anyone.... I don't notice any screen ripple when I'm doing anything normal on the phone, like texting, typing, etc.

I watched a video on youtube, because I was curious what the screen ripple even looked like, and I noticed that my Tour does have a screen ripple on the right hand corner of the screen. It only seems to appear when I firmly grip the phone.

I'm just kind of curious if this type of screen ripple is normal/common, since it only seems to appear when I am intentionally gripping the phone hard? My tour is a green dot Tour that I received a couple weeks ago, so I don't know if it is something that I should return the phone for, since I still have a couple weeks to decide. Thanks in advance
    09-09-09 05:40 PM
    Dont worry about it, people will bi.tch and say use the search, but F them, they need to get a life if and take the same amount of time it takes to complain, and just answer you.

Yes its very common. Some green dots have no ripple or so I hear. I have a Tour manufactured on July 17th and it barely has a ripple, you can only see it when on a dark screen, pressing buttons hard or squeezing the phone. It shouldnt be an issue. If its real bad Id say return it for a new one, but its so common I wouldnt worry about it too much.
    09-09-09 05:44 PM
    The screen is lcd, if you press it,touch it or firmly grip it as you say, it will ripple, just like when you touch your lcd computer screen or lcd tv. If you use like a telephone should be used and you see no ripple, there is NO reason to return it.
    Stop worrying and enjoy it.
    BTW, mine ripples on the top right corner, but only when i use it as a hammer.
    09-09-09 05:46 PM
    The screen is lcd, if you press it,touch it or firmly grip it as you say, it will ripple, just like when you touch your lcd computer screen or lcd tv. If you use like a telephone should be used and you see no ripple, there is NO reason to return it.
    BTW, mine ripples on the top right left, but only when i use it as a hammer.

Dont be so dense! The problem is you need to download the Tour hammer application first! :P
    09-09-09 05:49 PM
    BTW, mine ripples on the top right corner, but only when i use it as a hammer.
    hahahahaha

dude i'm not gonna lie, what you posted, is EXACTLY what I said to myself when i saw this thread.
    creepy.
    09-09-09 11:33 PM
    I know there have been many threads about this topic, so I'm sorry if this bothers anyone.... I don't notice any screen ripple when I'm doing anything normal on the phone, like texting, typing, etc.

I watched a video on youtube, because I was curious what the screen ripple even looked like, and I noticed that my Tour does have a screen ripple on the right hand corner of the screen. It only seems to appear when I firmly grip the phone.

I'm just kind of curious if this type of screen ripple is normal/common, since it only seems to appear when I am intentionally gripping the phone hard? My tour is a green dot Tour that I received a couple weeks ago, so I don't know if it is something that I should return the phone for, since I still have a couple weeks to decide. Thanks in advance
    Your situation pretty much describes my situation. After seeing other Tours with their massive screen ripples, I'd say it's more common to have a defective Tour that screen ripples most of the time.

Be happy that your screen only slightly ripples in exact situations. Personally, I can only see my screen ripple when playing the texas hold 'em game that came with the smartphone.
    09-10-09 12:43 AM
    The only time I've seen my screen ripple was when I had to grasp it firmly to get my Seidio Innocase off. During normal usage, I haven't seen it at all.
    09-10-09 04:20 AM
    Ripple free since initial release, and very happy to have avoided these issues thus far.
    09-10-09 04:23 AM
    Dont be so dense! The problem is you need to download the Tour hammer application first! :P
    hahahahaha

dude i'm not gonna lie, what you posted, is EXACTLY what I said to myself when i saw this thread.
    creepy.
    But that app was developed by the Federal Government and it costs $9,999!

09-10-09 08:04 AM
    what's a screen ripple?
    09-10-09 08:26 AM
    No not normal, get a new one. There is no "fix".
    09-10-09 09:20 AM
    wrong you are. an actual fix there is. just search the bloody forums. And if you want the ripple to stop. stop pressing the screen.
    09-10-09 09:29 AM
    Ok yeah, I see what you mean about driphter. Is he now following you to contridict all your posts? haha, maybe you werent as out of line as I thought with your comments...
    09-10-09 11:02 AM
    wrong you are. an actual fix there is. just search the bloody forums. And if you want the ripple to stop. stop pressing the screen.
    I searched for "bloody" forums can't find it.....where is it? Can you post a link pls?=P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 11:05 AM
    If you've read ANY other posts about screen ripples, then you would know that people get the "ripple" from using the volume rocker, or the escape/blackberry button and so on. Not just from pressing the screen. Smartass.

And what is the fix for the screen ripple? Aside from a replacement, please tell me.
    09-10-09 11:13 AM
    I think it is all a matter od degree and tolerance. I think any LCD screen is prone to ripple. I don't think that will change.

Could RIM have designed the Tour (or any device) in such a way that the screen internals are more isolated from the housing and other internal parts? Perhaps. But I won't lose sleep over it.
    09-11-09 07:10 AM
    I've owned many many smartphones, many of them touch screens. None of the screens ripple. Only the blackberry.
    Treos, all of them, nope. iphone, nope. Android. nope. Curve 8330--nope. It's abundantly possible to build a smartphone without screen rippling, no matter what the lcd type. Virtually all the Tours ripple, and no one can figure out why some people swear that they have no ripple. It's possible that these truly ripple-free units exist, but many times the user probably isn't looking for ripple in the right places. If so, that's great. But to say that rippling is normal is just simply not true, since other smartphones, even when touching the screen, do not ripple. It's shoddy quality control or a design brain fart.
    09-12-09 02:01 PM
    I guess you're right. My "matter of degree" I guess is more what I am willing to tolerate, knowing that there may be bad design or what have you.
    09-12-09 04:58 PM
    I have a ripple when I press down on the left metal bevel of the Tour. The right side ripple only appears when I press the side pretty hard.

Overall, through normal usage I don't notice this at all. Considering all the other things I've had, I would consider this negligible at best.
    09-12-09 06:26 PM
    And if you hit the screen with a hammer it will break... BE CAREFULL....
    Use it as it was ment to be used...
    09-12-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD