Guys,

if you have screen ripple, trackball issue and headphone jack issue, its DEFECTIVE, return it, I did and boy am I happy I did. I was hesitant to return because I was afraid I'd have same issues with new phone and it does not. It does have slightly loose batt. cover, but all new phones have this issue. I tried 3 others that had loose batt. covers.

The new phone I got has very miniscule ripple(not even noticeable, you'd have to focus in on the exact spot), trackball works fine and headphone jack works great, right out of the box! I do not have to wiggle the headphone to get the sound right. I just push all the way in and voiiila, the way its suppose to be. To Boot, the Sprint store lady even gave me extra battery, micro SD card and case from my old phone. I forgot to ask her if i could keep the charger, DAM IT! Now Im not saying these issues will not return but at least now I have a phone that did not have these issues right out of the box. Phone I returned was made in Mexico 5 and the new one is also Mexico 5, go figure.

Here's my tip. Go to corporate Sprint store in a NICE UPSCALE NEIGHBORHOOD! I said I had problems and they didn't even want me to show them. They promptly went in the back and got me brand new one. Only issue was that it took 2 hours to get the phone activated but I am a happy camper. Its worth noting that while I was in there 2 hours, 4 people came in and either they were swapping out or returning the phone. One said he had muffled sound that the other person can't hear them, one said headphone jack was messed up, the other one was not happy with their signal strength and that his curve had better signal than Tour and that's why he's returning it, not sure about the 4th one.

So they know Tour's have many defects....so if you have been on the fringe about returning it, I say go ahead and do it. Its worked out great for me!

EDIT: I just called and asked the lady and she said come by and i can have the charger too! WOOO HOOOOO! so essentially, the lady is letting me keep all the accessories from my old phone and the new phone, FOK YEAH!

FYI, I also talked to the manager and he said they know that Tour's got weaker signal strength and he thinks that its hardware issue, its not gonna get fixed with OS update. He has tour himself and he said he's def. noticed weaker signal and constantly bouncing signal and he said unfortunately, its not gonna get fixed, so keep this in mind.
    Last edited by david122575; 07-30-09 at 04:58 PM.
    07-30-09 04:55 PM
    Cool glad you got a no fuss replacement
    07-30-09 04:57 PM
    Cool glad you got a no fuss replacement
    **** yeah dude! I think eventually, I will have these issues again because the MFG quality on this phone is junk but at least Im not going to start out this way. So I only have 2 issues, loose batt cover(which i can deal with), and signal strength(I think I can deal with this, I THINK...but if not, I'll get a new one in 1 year).
    07-30-09 05:00 PM
    Did you buy the phone online? May have been a prowned cell phone returned under the 30 day policy. A lot of sellers have been selling refurbished and preowned phones as new and although they look new they are not.
    07-30-09 05:10 PM
    He "thinks" it's a hardware issue? I have absolutely no problem with my signal whatsoever.
    07-30-09 05:11 PM
    Man, i hope my Tour doesn't have any problems, but if it does i hope my sprint store is as good as your.
    07-30-09 05:22 PM
    Here's my tip. Go to corporate Sprint store in a NICE UPSCALE NEIGHBORHOOD!
    Why upscale? Are you saying a not upscale neighborhood cant give good customer service?
    07-30-09 05:45 PM
    Did you buy the phone online? May have been a prowned cell phone returned under the 30 day policy. A lot of sellers have been selling refurbished and preowned phones as new and although they look new they are not.
    yes I ordered from sprint.com on 12th. who knows but the new exchange phone I got is brannnnnddddd spanking newwwww...I made sure of it!
    07-30-09 05:53 PM

Considering it just came out 2 weeks ago, I really doubt there are any refurbed Tours out there yet.
    07-30-09 06:08 PM
    good for you
    07-30-09 06:48 PM
    Plugged in this morning and everything worked fine. Went to plug in shortly after and the jack will only go about half way in. I looked down the jack and there is no obstruction. Guess I'm going to the sprint store today. I've had this tour less than a week, how lame. And yes, the signal strength is weaker that my 8830.
    10-05-09 08:53 AM
    Plugged in this morning and everything worked fine. Went to plug in shortly after and the jack will only go about half way in. I looked down the jack and there is no obstruction. Guess I'm going to the sprint store today. I've had this tour less than a week, how lame. And yes, the signal strength is weaker that my 8830.
    It fits, it just requires a little more push to get in and after that it is good to go. I have not had any issues with the Tour, it is rock solid, coming from the Storm I really like the Tour. Can't wait for 5.0 to release later this year.
    Last edited by granadzo; 10-05-09 at 09:22 AM.
    10-05-09 09:19 AM
    I can't get the trackball to work on my Tour and screen ripple etc..I just got done at a corporate headquarters in Des Moines Iowa and they said they would order one although they had the Tours in stock. Does this mean they are going to get me a refurbished one? I think you are lucky that they gave you one right away. They told me that it had to come from the insurance company.
    10-07-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD