Ok all.. I have searched high and low in these forums and I cannot seem to find a solution... I like the fact that I can put my phone in bedside mode while plugged into external power and it dims the screen and shuts off the keyboard backlight but keeps the clock visable... My problem is the clock only stays on while the phone is charging! Once my battery is charged the screen goes black, which kinda defeats the purpose of having it as a clock on my nightstand at the firehouse. I am getting tired of being blinded at 3am because I have to hit a button to see the time and my phone lights up the screen and keyboard and backlight. HELP!!

**Even if I turn the "Dim Screen" option off (which leaves the keyboard light on as well), the screen still shuts off once the battery is charged
    08-07-09 11:41 PM
    Coming from a long line of Palm devices, last=Treo 755p. I like my BB. I really like being able to have multiple active applications and switch between them.

Really liked the bedside mode idea... but I have this problem too.

FYI, in clock --> options --> clock --> when charging --> I have mine set to "Do Nothing" because I don't want to see the clock. This setting may impact the behavior you saw while charging - YMMV.

After placing my device in bedside mode, screen eventually shuts off whether it is on charger or not.

I played with it and found that the screen will time out while in bedside mode based on the setting in options --> screen/keyboard --> backlight timeout. The max setting on my BB is 2 minutes.

My suggestion for a future OS release to fix this problem would be to allow certain apps (i.e. bedside mode) to ignore (or select) the options --> screen/keyboard --> backlight timeout setting and keep the screen on as needed.

Hope this helps.
    08-24-09 07:32 PM
    i believe the bedside mode silences all alerts so u can sleep hint the name bedside mode.. if u want to see the clock at night in the bb apps select the clock... and not the bedside mode. hope that one works for u.
    08-24-09 08:47 PM
    Does your screen turn completely hard like the iPhones when it shuts off? If so you may have an Odin...

08-24-09 08:51 PM
    Mine works as expected but I have it set to turn on clock when charging. I select bedside mode once I've put it in the dock and my dimmed clock displays all night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:28 AM
    In bedside mode, my keyboard dims to nothing, then comes on to full brightness; it never dims again (this is when using the charging pod).

I have my dim setting set to 30 sec. in the Screen/Keyboard Options.

This doesn't seem to be the way bedside mode should act.

Mike
    09-01-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD