have had mine since 10/03/09 and no issues. 1st bb and love it. addicted to it!!!!
    11-24-09 08:41 PM
    I am on number 2 for my Tour (first one had an unrepairable software crash). I LOVE it...in fact, I love it so much I think my husband might be jealous. :-) I was an avid Palm user for 10+ years, and this is my first BlackBerry. I cannot believe that I didn't get one sooner.
    11-24-09 09:13 PM
    Moved up from my trusty old 8703e to my Tour in mid July 2009 which I found out was from the first batch of Tours made available.

Trackball problem started at the beginning of September and by mid October, trying to position the cursor on an icon was nearly impossible due to the severity of the trackball problem. I took it back to the Telus Mobility store (I live in Canada) and received a refurbished Tour a week later.

As of today, my Tour is working great.
    11-24-09 10:07 PM
    I just traded my Storm 2 for a Tour and after 2 days, so far so good!
    11-24-09 10:25 PM
    Thanks. I'll wait for a few more replies before I run out and buy it again. It just seems like for us VZW folks there is nothing else available...other than the Storm 2 (with all its problems).
    I've had mine for a month and have NO issues
    Last edited by rgarling; 11-24-09 at 10:33 PM.
    11-24-09 10:31 PM
    I got my Tour on November 7 thru Cellular South. After going from my beloved Curve that I had for 9 months. I thought nothing could replace Maria. Yes, that was her name. Then I met Jorge. Yes, that is his name. I have not had any problems at all. After reading all of the negative press on the Tour, I still wanted the experience. I am glad I upgraded and never looked back. However, I do have a question that I have not found an answer for. When I type letters, why does the text underline on some words and not others?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I like your names for your berries. Mine is just "she/her". I think the text is underlined because of grammar errors: spelling, punctuation or capitalization.
    11-24-09 10:33 PM
    I have not had a single problem with my Tour.
    11-24-09 10:33 PM
    Neither had I! Until today! I have had my tour for 2.5 months and now the trackball just stopped working all of a sudden. Not sure what to do, not in US for another month.
    11-24-09 10:35 PM
    I was one of the first ones in line to buy the Tour, and like many, returned it 48 hours later for the trackball issue, Bluetooth problem, and some of the other same problems initially listed here by hundreds of users.

Have most of these issues been resolved by now with either software/firmware upgrades and new manufacturing lots? I can't wait until next year for the Tour/Essex but don't want to buy the same problematic Tour I did when it first launched. Thanks.
    161 is suppose to fix the bluetooth issue, the trackball issue has been addressed, you may want to wait for the Tour 2 so that you get wifi and a trackpad.
    11-25-09 11:17 AM
    161 is suppose to fix the bluetooth issue, the trackball issue has been addressed, you may want to wait for the Tour 2 so that you get wifi and a trackpad.
    The one I got yesterday works perfectly and all my concerns about the first one are non-existent in this one. The trackball is great...even on the default setting of 70-70, Gmail now shows up properly under "Other" in Ringtones and Alerts, the audio quality on both ends is VASTLY improved, and the built-in hands-free kit in the car also works great. I'm a happy camper.

Regarding WiFi and the trackpad...I honestly don't need WiFi as the only place I'd use it is in my house, where I seldom use the phone anyway. The trackpad I'm VERY happy to do without (personal opinion). I played around with the one on the new 8530 Curve 2 and I just didn't like it. Perhaps it was from using a BB for so many years with a wheel and then trackball, I'm much happier with the trackball Tour.

The trackpad feels very "cheap" and moves around alot (in ways it shouldn't)...but then again the entire 8530 feels cheap, so what should I expect :-) I think it's the most plasticized BB I've ever seen hit the shelves. And the audio quality to the person you're talking to is horrible...or at least compared to the Tour.
    11-25-09 12:47 PM
    I always read threads like these, since I want to come back to the Tour, but I don't want to go through 3-4 of them.
    11-25-09 03:24 PM
    I have been very pleased with my Tour, overall. At this point I would NOT buy a Tour, I would wait until the Essex(Tour 2) comes out. Not sure of the date, but why lock into a 2 yr. contract now? There might be better options in the near future, as always with smart phones!
    11-25-09 04:24 PM
    I always read threads like these, since I want to come back to the Tour, but I don't want to go through 3-4 of them.
    But I bought my Tour the day it came out and have not even thought about returning it because of trackball or battery draining, or battery door issues or even the dreaded screen ripple others have experienced. Lucky, because I would have been heart-broken if my phone was a P.o.S.! Like countless other BB-heads, I was counting down the days for it to come out on July 12th. Heck, I even called in sick to work just so I could be at my local Vzw store. Yea, I got issues!
    11-25-09 04:29 PM
    I have been very pleased with my Tour, overall. At this point I would NOT buy a Tour, I would wait until the Essex(Tour 2) comes out. Not sure of the date, but why lock into a 2 yr. contract now? There might be better options in the near future, as always with smart phones!
    Guess it depends on what you want :-) In my case Regarding WiFi and the trackpad...I honestly don't need WiFi as the only place I'd use it is in my house, where I seldom use the phone anyway. The trackpad I'm VERY happy to do without (personal opinion). I played around with the one on the new 8530 Curve 2 and I just didn't like it. Perhaps it was from using a BB for so many years with a wheel and then trackball, I'm much happier with the trackball Tour.

The trackpad feels very "cheap" and moves around alot (in ways it shouldn't)...but then again the entire 8530 feels cheap, so what should I expect :-) I think it's the most plasticized BB I've ever seen hit the shelves.
    11-25-09 05:05 PM
    Neither had I! Until today! I have had my tour for 2.5 months and now the trackball just stopped working all of a sudden. Not sure what to do, not in US for another month.
    so did mine. so i used a little windex and it started working again. dirty
    11-25-09 09:13 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD