After trying so hard to get this amazing piece of technology to work properly for me I am giving up. I love this phone! I have tried everything and it's still dropping calls and missing calls. I cannot have this. I need a phone I can count on. I've called Verizon so many times and I've had them check the towers. Nothing works. They even said they'd let me out of my contract for free because they couldn't help me. They are even refunding me the price of the Tour. They have been nothing but nice and I'm not switching carriers - just phones. Sadly, I will also be leaving Crackberry. I think Crackberry is an amazing web site and will continue to recommend it to my Blackberry friends. Thanks to everyone!
    09-06-09 11:55 PM
    There has to be a reason for the Tour not working in your area. Try getting another one...I really don't think a phone is going to be responsible for the problems you're having.
    09-07-09 12:14 AM
    There has to be a reason for the Tour not working in your area. Try getting another one...I really don't think a phone is going to be responsible for the problems you're having.
    Why do people keep defending this phone? Its yet another phone RIM pushed out with ****tty QC.

I just got a brand new green dot tour (my 7th) ripple is gone and the track ball works great - but now nobody can hear me. Its just like my storm. I sound muffled and EVERYONE complains.

But to directly refute what you are saying. My storm had better reception and my curve has a -78 where my tour has -102. Yes it is the phone.
    09-07-09 12:21 AM
    Why do people keep defending this phone? Its yet another phone RIM pushed out with ****tty QC.

I just got a brand new green dot tour (my 7th) ripple is gone and the track ball works great - but now nobody can hear me. Its just like my storm. I sound muffled and EVERYONE complains.

But to directly refute what you are saying. My storm had better reception and my curve has a -78 where my tour has -102. Yes it is the phone.
    I like my Tour, but I agree on the phone being pushed out with poor quality. There are certain things (speaker blast/poor battery life/freezing up/picture zoom) that are things I find so annoying with my Tour. Its a nice phone, but I'm seriously debating going back to the 8330 cause those features that suck on the Tour are partially why I always liked the blackberry.
    09-07-09 12:26 AM
    It really cannot be the phone. It will be the service, if anything. I am sure if the OP got a new Tour, they would see a difference.

I do agree that QC could and should be better, but I am extremely happy with my Tour.
    09-07-09 12:29 AM
    Try getting a new Tour. I had a similar issue and after all attempts were exhausted, I got a new phone and the problem was fixed. I put up with it for 4 months and after they replaced the phone, I lived happily ever after...
    09-07-09 12:39 AM
    It really cannot be the phone. It will be the service, if anything. I am sure if the OP got a new Tour, they would see a difference.

I do agree that QC could and should be better, but I am extremely happy with my Tour.
    It really can be the phone. If I wasn't already in bed I would snap a picture of my tour next to a curve just you would know how your foot tastes.
    09-07-09 12:41 AM
    It really can be the phone. If I wasn't already in bed I would snap a picture of my tour next to a curve just you would know how your foot tastes.

lolol!

I love mine...! no complaints here.
    09-07-09 12:46 AM
    I mean the actual model, the Tour Maybe your Tour is just ****ting the bed and you need to get another one...which goes back to QC, of course.

Don't go around talking about things you don't know.
    09-07-09 10:15 AM
    Some ppl just don't like the tour... But o well I love my tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:25 AM
    They even said they'd let me out of my contract for free because they couldn't help me. They are even refunding me the price of the Tour.
    That's a decent thing for Verizon to do.

As someone with 3 Sprint phones, I can say without a doubt that my Tour gets the lowest number of bars EVERYWHERE! But the worst part is that it switches to roaming while neither of my other phones have ever gone to roaming. Sprint has even acknowledged the issue to me stating that they are working on a "fix" to the poor reception/roaming problem on the Tour. (That was on Sat. the 5th of Sep. and they said they have no date as to when this "fix" might be released.) Overall my Sprint service has been really, really good, but not so much with my Tour.

I too love the Tour, but if Sprint would have allowed me to return it and switch to a different BB when I called them (35 days after purchase), I would have done it in a heartbeat. The Tour is the best BB features wise (my opinion, of course), but I need bars not features. I get so frustrated sitting in bed with my wife looking at her Curve with 4 or 5 bars and looking at my Tour with just 1 or 2. Then, of course, my Tour will kick over to roaming.
    09-07-09 10:48 AM
    One thing I've learned cb is where all the ppl who aren't happy come to complain. Although, I do agree with quality. It took me an exchange to get a decent tour! Couldn't be happier now.

09-07-09 11:13 AM
    Maybe try the 8330 curve? I'm a very happy Tour owner, but loved my Curve since the day it was released last year. It has by far the best phone audio quality on both ends of any cell phone I've ever owned. I think that is one of the curve's well known features. Some may say it's outdated and old, but really, it's only 16 months old. Gave it to my wife (her first bb) and she loves it. Phone audio quality is amazing.
    09-07-09 11:28 AM
    no problems here with the Tour what so ever..

a lot of you guys complain about nonsence
    09-07-09 11:33 AM
    I have had my Tour for a week now and I love it. This is probably the best phone I have owned to this day. There has to be a problem with your particular phone. Try going to the store and getting a new one...
    09-07-09 11:35 AM
    I'm really glad I escaped all of these issues... mines seems to be functioning flawlessly. (knock on wood)
    09-07-09 11:46 AM
    I'm willing to bet these little problems with the Tour get fixed with the next software release... Reminds me of the Storm's release. FYI, had my Tour since release and had zero issues with it.
    09-07-09 11:48 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Tour. All settings are perfect. Everything works great on the Tour with the exception of the dropped and missing calls. It's rare when I have more than 1 bar on the Tour up at my house. Can't even use it in the grocery store but can use a regular cell phone. We have 3 other cell phones and they all work fine. No problems! It's just the Tour. We live in the mountains-could be part of the problem. I have also been told that since Blackberry's work differently than regular cell phones that that could be part of my problem. I'm not complaining or fussing -just stating the facts. Thanks!
    09-07-09 08:57 PM

I just got a brand new green dot tour (my 7th)
    Why do u keep getting the phone is the real question. My green dot works perfect. Go VZ.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 09-07-09 at 09:40 PM.
    09-07-09 09:33 PM
    Why do u keep getting the phone is the real question. My green dot works perfect.

Um, because I paid for it? Is this a trick question? Or is it my fault for trying to understand anything you post.
    09-07-09 09:40 PM
    How does that make sense? You say its not the phone giving him problems but the carrier... And then you claim if he got a different device the problem would be gone. So, you are saying that it is indeed the device at fault!

EDIT: By the way...I am on my second Tour. The first suffered from absolutely ridiculous trackball issues. The headphone jack just about didn't even work, etc...etc... My replacement device is fabulous!

ALB
    09-07-09 09:56 PM
    Um, because I paid for it? Is this a trick question? Or is it my fault for trying to understand anything you post.
    Oh I have a fan? I only have what 6 post?

Anyways for clarity reasons, why go thru 7 phones?

09-07-09 10:03 PM
    Oh I have a fan? I only have what 6 post?

Anyways for clarity reasons, why go thru 7 phones?

What are you not getting? All of the previous ones have had issues. From muffled sounds to trackball issues.

And to answer this question - I'm not. I switching off Verizon and off BB.

By the way, Hardly a fan. I kinda think I'm speaking with a special needs child.
    09-07-09 10:31 PM
    Children, children.

Listen; I'm on Sprint but I convinced my friend who is on VZW to go with the Tour. He has been eligible to take advantage of his upgrade for a couple of months now; so based on the fact that I own a Tour and based on the fact that it is working out great for me..I recommended this to him. He purchased it and put his 8330 Curve to the side.

He has had NOTHING BUT issues w/ his voice calls with the Tour. Yet his Curve works great for him. The point is that an internal radio and a host of other reasons inside the Tour; simply may not work as well as; say, a Curve does in the same area (such as the case with my friend). Just because the two phones are both manufactured by RIM; and just because the Tour may work great for you and I...it doesn't mean it's automatically a faulty phone that can be fixed by getting it replaced by the same model phone in the hopes that it will work.

Face it; as mysteriously intangible as it may seem...some phones (even two different models such as the Curve and Tour) that are manufactured by the same company and operated on the same wireless carrier; do not work as well on the network sometimes. GET OVER IT and come to terms with it just as the OP has.

Last edited by Swoopster; 09-07-09 at 11:20 PM.
    09-07-09 11:17 PM
    What are you not getting? All of the previous ones have had issues. From muffled sounds to trackball issues.

And to answer this question - I'm not. I switching off Verizon and off BB.

By the way, Hardly a fan. I kinda think I'm speaking with a special needs child.
    What r u not getting? If at least after the 3rd issue why not stop there is all I was saying but hey if u needed 7 tour issues to realize that bb's aren't for u then oakely dokely.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 09-08-09 at 12:37 AM.
    09-08-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD