I will be there as soon as they open to get it. Can't wait!!
    05-29-09 11:55 PM
    So disappointed in my Storm and loving my Curve, I have to try it. As of now I will be there the night before waiting for the store to open.
    05-30-09 01:31 AM
    So disappointed in my Storm and loving my Curve, I have to try it. As of now I will be there the night before waiting for the store to open.

thats what I like to hear this way I will have someone to talk to ahaha

thats what we did with the storm..
    05-30-09 04:30 AM
    I'm also excited. can't wait.
    05-30-09 07:12 AM
    My early upgrade was official a couple of weeks ago, so by the time the tour comes out I'll have that and I certainly don't mind re-signing a 2 yr contract for the discount since I plan on staying with VZW for quite some time.

I can't necessarily say I'll be in line at the store, but I sure as **** will be ordering (or pre-ordering if possible) by phone just like I did with my 8330 last May.

Really can't wait....
    05-30-09 09:02 AM
    I'm about to get my first BB ever. After hanging around these boards for a while I've decided to wait til the Tour comes out and get it. Prolly won't be in line at the store the day it comes out, but it won't be long after that. Come to think of it, I may order it online as has been suggested earlier.
    05-30-09 03:04 PM
    I'm in the same boat with a few of the posters. I rushed on the storm and now i've sold it and I am using my pearl but not loving it. Every time I am near a Telus I'm tempted to upgrade to the Curve... but I know when i do that I will not be happy because the tour/Niagara will come out. lol!! So just waiting patiently...
    05-30-09 03:26 PM
    I doubt there will be a line at any of my Verizon store for this when it comes out. I am 99% positive.
    So I will stroll over and take a look to see if it really is that much better than the Bold or 8900
    05-30-09 03:36 PM
    I doubt there will be a line at any of my Verizon store for this when it comes out. I am 99% positive.
    So I will stroll over and take a look to see if it really is that much better than the Bold or 8900

well versus the 8900 its probably going to win hands down. However versus the BOLD its not to me really a win/loss. They both have there ups and both have there downs...
    It sits in the same line as the bold..

Bold has wi-fi and tour doesn't
    tour has more application memory space
    BOLD has been said to be a little bit zippier when multi tasking.

then of course carrier vs carrier
    if you like at&T then you know and verizon then you know..
    05-30-09 04:12 PM
    Can we purchase at full retail on the day of release or do we have to wait?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 04:20 PM
    Can we purchase at full retail on the day of release or do we have to wait?

I don't think they can turn you away. I think you can upgrade your phone at any time you want for full retail...

This same question came up at the launch of the storm and many people bought full retail the day of release.
    05-30-09 04:26 PM
    Yes, I spent quite some time in the store by me the day the storm came out and they didn't turn anyone away. As a matter of fact, they were selling ALOT at full retail value from what I could see.
    05-30-09 04:34 PM
    Yes, I spent quite some time in the store by me the day the storm came out and they didn't turn anyone away. As a matter of fact, they were selling ALOT at full retail value from what I could see.

My opinion is this. They want new contracts and they want extended contracts.

But they don't want there current customers to pay ETF and walk out the door either.

I know more then one person that if they were denied of the phone the wanted at full price they would pay ETF on the spot..

Its in there best interest to let you have the device you want whether its full retail or not. Obviously if your paying full retail your in a contract. They want that full contract and with paying full retail they don't lose any money.
    05-30-09 04:42 PM
    So you think it will be cheaper to buy at full retail or add a line and then pay the ETF fee?

05-30-09 04:50 PM
    So you think it will be cheaper to buy at full retail or add a line and then pay the ETF fee?

It would be cheaper to just upgrade...but in your case I would said adding a line would be cheaper.
    06-01-09 07:37 AM
    I will probably upgrade to the Tour around Jan. 2010 as that is when I have a NE2 coming. I am torn between be anxious to get it right away, and waiting till there are reviews.
    06-01-09 02:15 PM
    I will probably upgrade to the Tour around Jan. 2010 as that is when I have a NE2 coming. I am torn between be anxious to get it right away, and waiting till there are reviews.

well to be honest.....

because your NE2 is so close compared to a ton of us.. I would wait it out...

One there may be another phone by then that will interest you and two the tour will still be available by then anyway saving a ton of money is always a good thing
    06-01-09 02:24 PM
    Is this going to sell out you think or will I be able to walk in a day or 2 later and get one.
    06-01-09 02:36 PM
    Is this going to sell out you think or will I be able to walk in a day or 2 later and get one.
    I don't think its going to sell like the storm did..

I think you will be ok and be able to find one.. but no guarantees
    06-01-09 02:38 PM
    well to be honest.....

because your NE2 is so close compared to a ton of us.. I would wait it out...

One there may be another phone by then that will interest you and two the tour will still be available by then anyway saving a ton of money is always a good thing
    noaim, I agree with you, and it is very exciting to get a new model, but I do also like to wait till it has been out for a little bit and any bugs worked out, and hear what the likes and dislikes are.
    06-01-09 03:11 PM
    Me, Me, Me, I will be there with bells on the first day.
    06-01-09 05:53 PM
    noaim, I agree with you, and it is very exciting to get a new model, but I do also like to wait till it has been out for a little bit and any bugs worked out, and hear what the likes and dislikes are.
    I agree with you since i've had trouble in the past with phones, but since BBs are meant for business type usage, it's important that the OS be working properly before release. If it isn't it will obviously be updated soon enough. Like most things, if it's going to be good or bad, you'll get used to it in time and you can always return it within thirty days if you can't handle it.
    06-01-09 07:05 PM
    You do realize that the phone will be out in Canada for at least 3 weeks before Verizon releases it in the US? That should be sufficient time to see editorial reviews and user opinions. Also, why aren't more people just ordering online vs. physically going to a brick-and-mortar store?
    06-01-09 10:33 PM
    I will be ordering mine online so that I do not have to mess with any possile mail in rebates from the store.

06-01-09 10:57 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD