Is there a shortcut or a way to tell with your BlackBerry which applications are currently running on your phone? The only way I know how to do it now, is by actually going into the application itself, and making sure I properly closed it right. Is there a way to see what applications are running in the background to make sure I'm not draining more battery than actually needed?

Thanks in advance.
    08-27-09 02:14 PM
    Hold down the Blackberry button for about 1 full second.
    08-27-09 02:27 PM
    Press and hold the bb button (aka the menu key-first key to the left of the trackball) and an application switcher will pop up showing you any running apps. The core bb apps cannot be closed (browser, phone, home screen, bb messenger, messages) so you will always see these apps displayed and running. however, to back out of any of them, press and hold the back key - this will close them out - oh, and go read your user manual !

Is there a shortcut or a way to tell with your BlackBerry which applications are currently running on your phone? The only way I know how to do it now, is by actually going into the application itself, and making sure I properly closed it right. Is there a way to see what applications are running in the background to make sure I'm not draining more battery than actually needed?

Thanks in advance.
    08-27-09 02:42 PM
    go to options, advanced options and application (i think thats the order) the ones running will be in bold

i dont like alt tabbing on it to see
    08-27-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD