While installing my Skin, I think I got too much water down inside the phone. The screen looks all distorted now. I let it dry for 12 hours before turning it back on. I have insurance on the phone, is this covered??
    10-19-09 07:12 AM
    Its not too much water, its just that there is still water under the skin. It took mine a few days before 100 percent of the water evaporated. The water between the skin and the screen could be the culprit that is making the screen look distorted but its hard to say without seeing it. I'd say let it sit for another while and you should begin to see progress and begin to see parts drying and you'll be able to tell the difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:19 AM
    It has "depth", like it is UNDER the LCD screen. I don't THINK it is just under the skin, but actually IN the screen. I sure hope you are right, this is my 5th tour, and it seems to be working perfect.
    10-19-09 07:25 AM
    I removed the skin. It is in the LCD. Ruined? Or will it eventually work itself back to new......
    10-19-09 08:42 AM
    I removed the skin. It is in the LCD. Ruined? Or will it eventually work itself back to new......
    obviously you put wayyyy to much water on your screen when putting that protector on to get it under the LCD....

ur only option now is if u have insurance, if not put your phone in a bag of rice
    10-19-09 09:08 AM
    obviously you put wayyyy to much water on your screen when putting that protector on to get it under the LCD....

ur only option now is if u have insurance, if not put your phone in a bag of rice
    I have the insurance. Bag of rice?? If I take it to Verizon, will they know for sure I damaged it with water? You can't tell anything else is wrong with it.....
    10-19-09 09:20 AM
    definitely try the rice thing
    10-19-09 09:21 AM
    Rice acts as a dissicant material that will draw moisture from your phone when you put it in the rice.

It may or may not solve the issue, but it will eliminate the moisture than standard evaporation.
    10-19-09 09:51 AM
    I put it in a bag of rice and set the bag in the sun for the day......
    10-19-09 10:31 AM
    when you turn it in for insurance...make sure you tell them you spilled something on it. If you tell them you were applying water to it on purpose---they'll laugh at you.
    10-19-09 01:20 PM
    when you turn it in for insurance...make sure you tell them you spilled something on it. If you tell them you were applying water to it on purpose---they'll laugh at you.
    Kind of like some of us laughed reading this?
    10-19-09 02:15 PM
    those skins void your warranty and insurance. dont tell them what happened. just tell them you didnt know it was "uncouth" to talk on the phone while in the shower
    10-19-09 02:20 PM
    phantom skinz really did NOT require that much water...
    just a tiny bit.
    10-19-09 02:21 PM
    phantom skinz really did NOT require that much water...
    just a tiny bit.
    very true. i just sprayed on the solution and then squeegee (sp?) of most of it with my fingers. the benefit of doing that as well is that it only takes a couple hours for it to dry.
    10-19-09 02:23 PM
    those skins void your warranty and insurance.
    what?
    10char
    10-19-09 03:28 PM
    what?
    10char
    i know for sure it at least voids the warranty. if you ever have to take your phone in for warranty or insurance purposes, i would take it off. the company you bought the skin from should have a disclaimer stating something along those lines.
    10-19-09 05:01 PM
    This just sounds so hilarious.

But I thought the insurance covered anything. At least water damage. Guess not?
    10-19-09 05:06 PM
    i have the invisible shield on my tour, how would a removable sticker void your warranty?? that doesnt make sense, you can easily take it off
    10-19-09 05:09 PM
    because you are soaking the screen in water.. how doesnt that make sense? water damage is not covered in the warranty. they have stickers inside the phone that will change colors when they come in contact with water. if they see a red sticker, they say "sorry, cant help you".
    10-19-09 05:13 PM
    If your phone gets wet dont just turn it off and let it dry, pull the battery and let it dry.

I have also used rubbing alcohol (not on my phone, but an ipod) and it removes water, then let it sit in a bag of rice.
    10-19-09 05:36 PM
    If you want insurance to cover this I would suggest you tell them the phone went over the side of the boat while you were fishing. No police report and it will never be found. That always works for me when i do something stupid that involves a phone and water
    10-19-09 06:03 PM
    hey i am interested in getting a theme from you. I want a Calgary Flames one. PM me and we can figure out the details n everything.

Thanks,

Warbs87
    10-20-09 10:50 AM
    Verizon replaced my phone with a "certified replacement". I told them it got wet during delivery since it was just replaced the day before due to a bad trackball. Which wasn't really a lie, FedEx DID leave me phone behind my trash can, and did not have me sign for it. NOW the new phone they just sent me, the "certified replacement", has something loose inside it when it vibrates. So once again, I have to change phones. I'm on Tour #6. This time they are sending me a BRAND NEW Tour.
    10-22-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD