I personally got a door from the Verizion store in 1 try. I went to the Verizion store with JUST my sprint battery door and was able to trick them and have them give me a new verizion door for my Tour. I kept the plastic wrap on the door in my rubber case so it was pristine and the lady cldnt even tell it was glossy black (I even saw her look at it). I told her it was loose and I called verizion and they said I could have it replaced. 5 mins later she came outta the back with a fresh Verizion matte black door no names or questions asked!

Hope this helps!
    08-19-09 07:12 PM
    Still waiting for rubberized sides and glossy black insert with no texture/pattern to it.
    They started that look with the top camera part/rubber sides. Then when it gets to the door: either all glossy black or it goes from camera area glossy black to insert being carbon fiber found nowhere else on the device.
    Just from a design perspective, the back is kinda messed up for both carriers.
    Now since I doubt third parties make custom backs (do they?) I will probly get one off ebay just for the rubber. The sprint back can get a little slick sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 08:48 PM
    received the verizon batt door for my sprint tour. fits great. not loose. the rubber feel is really great. feels much better in the hand.. more grip... me likey! good mod for the sprint version of the tour...
    08-24-09 05:34 PM
    got my verizon rubberized cover today!! oh my god its so much better than the one that comes with sprint phones. it is night and day difference for aesthetics and feel. its well worth the $10 i spent!! my phone is feeling more complete.
    08-24-09 05:38 PM
    You could use Plasti Dip spray.

dries as a scratch/ding resistant rubber, and it can be peeled off.
    08-24-09 05:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD