Hi everyone !

So I just noticed that my Blackberry Tour ringtone settings are messed up and it's really annoying me that I can't fix the problem ! This is my first Blackberry so I'm still learning as I'm going (I've only had the phone since September/October-ish)

A couple of days ago I noticed that my old tone settings (that I personalized when I got the phone) were not the ones going off when someone would call or text me. So I was just playing around with my Tour, re-assigning all the tone settings thinking maybe if I just re-set them it'd just fix itself, well it didn't. I noticed that when my boyfriend would be calling me, a complete different ring tone would play (specifically Ringer_Classic Phone)

SO then I went to Contacts>Anyone's Name>Edit Contact>Custom Ring Tones/Alerts>Phone ... AND noticed under every single person was this stupid ringtone !! (NOTE: No one in my phone has custom settings. Its the same tones for everyone)

I tried Googling the problem but nothing was coming up, so I figured maybe someone on here could help me ! I'm literally about to just reset the phone to factory settings. Grrrr

Please help ! I'd really appreciate it ! And thank you in advance !!
    01-06-10 12:21 PM
    This is a well know problem with the Tour. I think the best way to set custom ringtones is to click your Profile icon from the Home Screen (where you set vibrate, loud, etc) and scroll down to "Set Contact Alerts" and add them this way.
    01-06-10 12:28 PM
    Being new here, you also may want to read this before someone jumps on you about not using the search function.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/announcements.html
    01-06-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD