i have all of them set to play in holster and yet nothing playes when i recieve messages while inside it. i have been having a lot of ringer problems since i got the tour anyone else have any problems/solutions
    07-31-09 10:56 PM
    I haven' had any problems as long as I have it set on "Sound in Holster" = "Yes". Then I put it on like 7 or higher and it plays fine.

Do you hear the speaker if you put it on speaker phone? I know VZW was switching mine out last weekend and one they gave me out of the box had a bad speaker for speaker phone so it may be that.
    07-31-09 11:20 PM
    yea speaker was fine last tie i used it maybe i just dont hear it i have the volume set to 5 maybe i should move it up a bit
    07-31-09 11:36 PM
    Yeah, I'd say no less than 7. I can barely hear that and I have a 1/2deaf ear. But even people at my work say they can barely hear 7 when they're like 10-15ft away.

I used to put it on 80% on my Curve and 8830WE, I could hear it ring in the other room. My Tour however, I can't.
    08-01-09 07:32 AM
    I have a holster issue as well. I keep it set to Vibrate only when in holster but after it vibrates twice it then starts ringing. This only happens for phone calls. The settings for all other types sms/mms, emails & IM all seem to work fine and do what I have them set to do.
    I assume/hope this will be fixed with a software update...hopefully soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 08:30 AM
    This is the only issue with mine, sometimes it's not even holster related.
    Sometimes, when an alert (message) comes in, the alert plays but is chopped short. Luckily for me, Vibrate is the most important function so I will let this go for now.
    08-01-09 08:35 AM
    Maybe there's an issue with your speakers? I haven't had this issue, but I have had my alerts chopped short at times.
    08-01-09 09:18 AM
    i have all of them set to play in holster and yet nothing playes when i recieve messages while inside it. i have been having a lot of ringer problems since i got the tour anyone else have any problems/solutions
    This is the only issue with mine, sometimes it's not even holster related.
    Sometimes, when an alert (message) comes in, the alert plays but is chopped short. Luckily for me, Vibrate is the most important function so I will let this go for now.
    i have both of these issues. i am on my 3rd phone for other, unrelated issues, and all 3 of them have exhibited this behavior. im thinking it is some kind of software issue and am hoping it will be fixed with an OS upgrade.
    08-01-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD