Hey guys and girls,

I have the blackberry tour and for some reason when I go into options>ring tones/alerts and configure settings, for some reason the correct sound is still not being played for my sms/mms/pin/email

On my main screen I have
    SMS/MMS

It seems like for every message/text I get, I still get two vibrations (which i set at first)

However, I changed it to custom, set only one vibration and ring, saved it, but still when it rings, it goes twice and doesnt have the right sound!

Can someone confirm what to edit for each of the settings?
    Email does -
    Level 1 does -
    MMS does -
    PIN does -
    SMS Text does-

BBM Alert does-
    BBM New message does -

Because for some reason i am getting the wrong tones/vibrations for all of these.

Could it be because of a different carrier? A different volume setting? (loud, normal, vibration)?

Thanks alot guys!

-Dave
    07-14-09 07:40 AM
    Hi Dave,

Check this out it will help..

Customize Sound Profiles on the BlackBerry Tour | CrackBerry.com
    07-14-09 07:43 AM
    Also if you put a custom ringtone for a contact and that contact sends you a text...you will have to change the ringtone for that specific ringtone sms for that contact. I had the same problems with my Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:46 AM
    You need to make sure that if you are using a custom profile, you do NOT try to change that profile using the "Set Ringtones/Alerts" option in the menu. That only changes the NORMAL setting. If you want to change the custom profile, you must go to "Custom Profiles" and then select the profile you want. That will allow you to change ringtones and vibrate settings for the custom profile.
    07-14-09 08:33 AM
    when i converted from the curve to the tour it set a custom sms tone for EVERY SINGLE contact.. so when i set the global to have one tone (not specific for each contact) it is overwritten by the default tone associated with each individual contact. Ie global is lightspeed, each individual contact is sanguine... if i want lightspeed now i have to go into each contact and change it. Pain in my ****!
    07-15-09 04:43 PM
    You need to make sure that if you are using a custom profile, you do NOT try to change that profile using the "Set Ringtones/Alerts" option in the menu. That only changes the NORMAL setting. If you want to change the custom profile, you must go to "Custom Profiles" and then select the profile you want. That will allow you to change ringtones and vibrate settings for the custom profile.
    +1 what Slinky said....
    07-15-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD