The ring tone on my phone is not the ring tone I have set. Also, none of my distinctive ring tones for contacts work. I have tried to set ringtones under the set ring tones/alerts tab and also in media under ring tones. I must have messed up some setting but am not sure what. I tried a battery pull without success. Any other thoughts?
    07-25-09 08:31 PM
    Hook up your phone to DM. Go into Backup/Restore >Advanced and on the right hand column select "Sounds" and delete the entry. (Wording may be slightly off but you'll understand when you do it.) This will delete your sounds settings database and you can start over. I'd suggest a bat pull after just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 11:15 PM
    maybe an admin can make this a sticky because it worked for me and never gave me a problem since. There seems to be a lot of of these sound problems coming up.

The problem was where you set your ringtones/alerts up. If you click on the little wrench icon that is options > ringtones/alerts, this is the problem. For some reason this menu tree is corrupt. and all your ring tones/alerts will default even though they say they are changed. Battery pulls work temporarily.

The solution is to click on the sound profiles icon on the home screen that is placed in the top left corner by default. Then scroll down and click on "set ringtones/alerts" It looks identical to the options screen but this was my fix.

Change all ringtones/alerts to a different tone, save, exit, then reenter and put the ones you want back on there. That has fixed it for me.
    07-26-09 12:11 AM
    Many thanks to Xwera43. I searched for a while for an answer to this without success and it does not seem to be an uncommon problem. For the benefit of others I went to Desktop manager backup/restore and deleted the sounds entry (after backing it up first to my computer). I followed this with a battery pull and everything is back to normal.
    07-26-09 07:46 AM
    I am having ringtone issues too. I have tried what has been mentioned on here and nothing has worked.

I am able to set a default ringtone and that works fine even though it starts and stops abruptly.

However, I can't set any ringtone for a contact because every time I do it claims it is in invalid.

Anyone else having the same issue?
    07-26-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD