my right convenience key does not work. i've done a battery pull, even changed which program it will open (want it to be camera). any ideas?
    07-12-09 06:50 PM
    my right convenience key does not work. i've done a battery pull, even changed which program it will open (want it to be camera). any ideas?
    Exchange it. If you cannot open your camera by pushing it I would not try any work around. I find the side keys a little harder to press, but this is a good thing to me since I had a habit of pushing them by accident.
    07-12-09 06:57 PM
    Are you pushing hard enough?

Mine kinda clicks once, then if I push harder it clicks again, activating the button.

I like this, due to the fact that I was ALWAYS hitting the bloody things, so I think now I might actualy be able to assign things to them.
    07-12-09 07:05 PM
    Try this- push harder. It is a 2 stage button designed to be used to auto-focus the camera.
    07-12-09 07:07 PM
    i thought i read that the second click brought up a different app..??
    07-12-09 07:07 PM
    Don't return it for that reason!

I found that it would launch the cam once, but not a second time after exiting. After a few pushes, it suddenly started working normally. I think it is a code issue, not a hartdware issue.
    07-12-09 07:18 PM
    yup that solved it, never would have thought it was a two stage button. interesting, but it should also solve the problem i had with my pearl of the camera always coming on because the button was too easy to push.
    07-12-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD