I searched the forums to see if I could find a similar problem but couldn't quite find a thread that focused on what to do if my BB doesn't recognize the password I'm using to revalidate an email account. The whole need-to-revalidate-your-account thing has happened a few times before and when I went to options to re-enter my password for whichever account was problematic, it was always restored. This time, the BB seems to think the password's wrong -- but it isn't. I entered it carefully, checked "show password" to make sure I'd spelled it corrected, and it still won't accept it. Even logged into the email account to be sure nothing had gone wrong. Nada. the password's correct. My BB just doesn't like it. Any advice?
    08-16-10 09:14 AM
    This may be far out there -- but I have an email account that the server is not available any more. The BIS server tells me that the password is invalid on one screen. If I try to manually change the server settings, it tells me that it cannot contact the server OR the password is invalid.

Is it possible that the email account you are using has changed some of its settings?

I searched the forums to see if I could find a similar problem but couldn't quite find a thread that focused on what to do if my BB doesn't recognize the password I'm using to revalidate an email account. The whole need-to-revalidate-your-account thing has happened a few times before and when I went to options to re-enter my password for whichever account was problematic, it was always restored. This time, the BB seems to think the password's wrong -- but it isn't. I entered it carefully, checked "show password" to make sure I'd spelled it corrected, and it still won't accept it. Even logged into the email account to be sure nothing had gone wrong. Nada. the password's correct. My BB just doesn't like it. Any advice?
    08-17-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD