As most other people, I'm going to return my tour in VZW because of trackball problems. I have insurance on the phone, but I heard is still going to cost around $50 to receive a new phone. I'm past the 30 day return period, but I still am under warranty with the phone. Whats the best way to get a FREE new working tour from verizon without paying bullsh*t fees?

PS-sorry if this question was posted already, I coulnd't find it in the search.
    11-21-09 04:51 PM
    Just go in and talk to them. If you're lucky they'll have a refurb in stock (that's what you'll get, a refurb), if not, you'll have to call a number to have them send you one. No out of pocket cost unless you don't surrender your original BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:57 PM
    I'd rather just call the number. Anyone know what it is?
    11-21-09 04:58 PM
    Just call a Verizon store. You can find their number in the phonebook...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 05:02 PM
    I'd rather just call the number. Anyone know what it is?
    8009220204 or *611 from a Verizon Wireless phone, just have to be off the Tour to allow troubleshooting to see if a few tips can possible correct the issue.

00smurf
    11-21-09 05:06 PM
    I went in to my local Verizon store, and I'm going to assume they didnt have any replacements in-store. So they called their replacement center or w/e & took care of it for me. New Tour shipped 3 days later.
    11-21-09 05:07 PM
    Don't call the above number given, call this one:

1-866-406-5154.

Call it from a landline. It's the fulfillment center for returns, that's who you need to talk to without having to hassle with anyone. I called them the other day and was on the phone for like 5 minutes, and they sent me a replacement.

They informed me that stores don't carry refurbs (whether it's true or not w/e) and they send you a replacement 2nd day air, so you might as well just call them and save the trouble. GL.
    11-21-09 10:02 PM
    Don't call the above number given, call this one:

1-866-406-5154.

Call it from a landline. It's the fulfillment center for returns, that's who you need to talk to without having to hassle with anyone. I called them the other day and was on the phone for like 5 minutes, and they sent me a replacement.

They informed me that stores don't carry refurbs (whether it's true or not w/e) and they send you a replacement 2nd day air, so you might as well just call them and save the trouble. GL.
    Thank you! Just called. Took 5 minutes and I'll have a new replacement by Tuesday.
    11-22-09 01:53 PM
    I just had to replace(last week) my original after having it for a little over 3 months. Trackball finally started to get annoying. Went to my local Verizon store and they ordered a replacement. Guy told me it would be 2-3 business days. Took all of 10 minutes.....if that.

Received my "green "dot" the very next day. Literally 24 hours later. Trackball is great. Battery door is tighter(not that I really care). Tour had the latest OS offered through Verizon.

Cost me nothing and Verizin CS was great, but then again, I've never had a bad experience with my local stores.
    11-22-09 05:43 PM
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post this question here because my Tour is unlocked for AT&T, but is there anything I can do to fix the trackball issue?

Bought the phone from craigslist, and didn't really notice the trackball issue until a few days later. Phone is only about 3 months old, and everything is in mint condition, except of course trackball and loose battery door.

Would a Verizon store replace my phone? Or is this a manual fix I can do for the trackball?
    11-22-09 08:02 PM
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post this question here because my Tour is unlocked for AT&T, but is there anything I can do to fix the trackball issue?

Bought the phone from craigslist, and didn't really notice the trackball issue until a few days later. Phone is only about 3 months old, and everything is in mint condition, except of course trackball and loose battery door.

Would a Verizon store replace my phone? Or is this a manual fix I can do for the trackball?
    No they will not because you didnt purchase the phone from them. You can see what RIM can do for you. Because there is still a manafacturer warranty, just not through the provider.
    11-22-09 10:38 PM
    RIM will not do anything. They refer you to your carrier (in my case VZW). VZW wouldn't do anything because I bought it used.

Kinda sucks that I'm stuck with a terrible trackball because of a copout clause in a contract that allows the company to produce a terribly made product.
    11-24-09 10:11 PM
    As most other people, I'm going to return my tour in VZW because of trackball problems. I have insurance on the phone, but I heard is still going to cost around $50 to receive a new phone. I'm past the 30 day return period, but I still am under warranty with the phone. Whats the best way to get a FREE new working tour from verizon without paying bullsh*t fees?

PS-sorry if this question was posted already, I coulnd't find it in the search.
    Complain about the inconvenience and they may guarantee you get a new phone w/o any fees.
    11-25-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD