Issue solved I ordered a new battery, thanks to berryjunky for the help
    Last edited by beantown85; 02-19-10 at 05:29 PM.
    02-19-10 01:08 PM
    Don't scam the system. If it damaged so be it. If you have insurance, use it. If not, do the right and get another phone with discount offered, or buy off net.

THe store most likey noted the account that device has damage. even you managed to change the stickers, would do you no good.
    02-19-10 01:20 PM
    Try ordering a battery off line, you can find them for pretty cheap if you look good enough. If that doesn't work just return the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 01:25 PM
    Try ordering a battery off line, you can find them for pretty cheap if you look good enough. If that doesn't work just return the battery.

That's what I was thinking too, but I just didnt' want to get stuck with an expensive battery if that's not the problem.
    02-19-10 01:34 PM
    Don't scam the system. If it damaged so be it. If you have insurance, use it. If not, do the right and get another phone with discount offered, or buy off net.

THe store most likey noted the account that device has damage. even you managed to change the stickers, would do you no good.
    Save me the moral BS thx.... Verizon is a billion dollar company. It was a mistake that it even happened to the phone, and considering how much we pay them on a monthly basis I don't think it will hurt them but thanks guy.
    02-19-10 01:34 PM
    That's what I was thinking too, but I just didnt' want to get stuck with an expensive battery if that's not the problem.
    You can find them for pretty cheap though, just have to look around.

02-19-10 01:37 PM
    You can find them for pretty cheap though, just have to look around.

ebay 7.99
    02-19-10 01:42 PM
    Save me the moral BS thx.... Verizon is a billion dollar company. It was a mistake that it even happened to the phone, and considering how much we pay them on a monthly basis I don't think it will hurt them but thanks guy.
    Now multiply by all the folks that do this and figure the loss for company. Along with all other devices that get replaced by VZW that should not be. This is why insurance is offered for the accidents in life. Maybe VZW would/could drop rates even more if people did the right things.

I do hope though that different battery resolves the issue for you.
    02-19-10 01:55 PM
    How much profit Verizon makes is neither here no there.

Also how much you pay doesn't mean squat, since you're not paying them enough to cover accidental damage. If you carry the minimum insurance on your car and smash a guardrail are you going to complain to Ford/Chevy/whoever that they should fix it because they're so rich?

What you're attempting to do is insurance fraud, and might I say you've done a fine job documenting it here. Not that it matters, like someone stated before the phone has been flagged in their system and you wouldn't get away with it anyway.

Consider yourself lucky they're even giving you a discount on a new phone if you're not eligible to upgrade.

02-19-10 03:40 PM
    lol @ the person who said "selfish ****" that really hurts my feelings

do you think that the verizon guy on the commercials is your friend or something. These companies could care less about you, does that hurt your feelings too? Then again I know I'm talking to people with over 8,000 posts, probably haven't showered or seen the light of day in weeks.

Thanks to the one guy who actually offered an alternate solution though.
    02-19-10 05:22 PM
    First of all-what does this have to do with the Blackberry Tour?

Second, no don't be a **** and scam the system. Your "close family member" was careless and messed up their phone-not Verizon's fault. You didn't bother to get insurance-not Verizon's fault.

People who scam the system raise prices and make things harder for all us honest folks. Don't do it.
    Glad you summarized a list of your brilliant thoughts. I clearly stated that it wasn't a blackberry tour problem, but thanks again for the 2 cents-you're certainly making the world a better place from your little home laptop.

For the record it was a family member, and I was trying to help them out. I didn't expect a bunch of holier than thou types to come in ranting about "doing the right thing for Verizon" and how I'm hurting your pockets
    02-19-10 05:26 PM
    "Hate is easy. Love takes courage."

yet you come into someone else's thread to hate because I put my post in the wrong section (which I assure you I am so so sorry about) then hoping I get banned because I'm the one with the attitude.

You keep fighting on crusader, you can make a difference in the world one post at a time.
    02-20-10 12:02 AM
    I see you edited your first post.

I hate to break it to you but the battery isn't going to solve your problem.

I feel better telling you now that you've already ordered it, lol.
    02-20-10 12:12 AM
    I'm aware that it's probably not goin to work, it's just something I'm going to try first.

It was only $7.99 but A for effort there buddy. I feel a little bad for you, you must live a really insignificant existence
    02-20-10 01:01 AM
    do you think that the verizon guy on the commercials is your friend or something. These companies could care less about you, does that hurt your feelings too? Then again I know I'm talking to people with over 8,000 posts, probably haven't showered or seen the light of day in weeks.
    I will assume that you are refering to me. Just for the record I do shower and get out everyday. When you come in here and post your intentions and ask for help with something for someone else that neither of you deserve, and the majority of the people tell you not do it and all you can do insult them, says a lot about your character or lack of it.

I could go on, but I have said enough and will most likely get feable attempt to insult once again, rather then debate the overall problem here. This is not even about the broken phone anymore, but is doing the right thing.
    02-20-10 08:13 AM
    I'm aware that it's probably not goin to work, it's just something I'm going to try first.

It was only $7.99 but A for effort there buddy. I feel a little bad for you, you must live a really insignificant existence
    You're not fooling me by saying "it was only $7.99" I know that must be a fortune to you, since the cost of Verizon's insurance is so astronomically high.

My existence my be insignificant, but I could care less. I get my jollies delivering the bad news to people like you.

02-20-10 09:40 AM
    lol @ ppl still posting in this thread. move on with your boring life.
    02-24-10 10:49 PM
    Lets see how many mistakes you made by posting here...

1 Samsung Rogue is not a black berry
    2 Change moisture indicators, you want to commit fraud
    3 U should have posted in the Verizon forum and titled it. I want to commit fraud, will anyone help me?
    4 People tell you this and you accuse a guy with 8000 posts of not showering?

Dude maybe you are better off in another forum..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-25-10 at 01:54 AM.
    02-25-10 01:50 AM
    Lets see how many mistakes you made by posting here...

1 Samsung Rogue is not a black berry
    2 Change moisture indicators, you want to commit fraud
    3 U should have posted in the Verizon forum and titled it. I want to commit fraud, will anyone help me?
    4 People tell you this and you accuse a guy with 8000 posts of not showering?

Dude maybe you are better off in another forum..
    I lol'd at this list. From what I see the op is acting like an immature child. They want to commit insurance fraud and then get ticked when people voice their opinions. They then try to insult said users (key word being try). Just for the record, I showered this morning but I suppose my posts are low enough to warrant that...
    02-25-10 06:24 AM
    I am an internet troll and you will accept my opinion as fact.
    02-26-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD