I reallyyyyy need help with this, Whenever i call someone, it comes up as "Private" on their phone. Now this is a new BB (jst got it yesterday). I have owned BB for yrs and know how to restrict identity: (Push the green phone button>Press the menu key and select Options>Select General Options>Change "Restrict My Identity" to "Off.")

But whenever I do this, it still goes off as a Private number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Did anyone had this problem? please help!!!!!< plllsssssssssss
    03-05-10 07:41 PM
    That's with your carrier, they must have your number set as private. That's how mine is, but I had to go in and ask for it. Talk to your carrier and ask.

D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 07:52 PM
    dial *82 before calling or call Verizon. I am on Verizon and my number show fine on caller id.
    03-05-10 08:58 PM
    Caller ID will show as private or restricted unless the receiving party has your number in their contacts. This is cell to cell. Cell to landline it will show as private or call from (state) insert yours.

VZW does NOT transmit your name over the system. If it is landline, then the recieving party must contact their carrier and the database updated to show your number.

Also here is some additional Caller ID info
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-05-10 at 09:28 PM.
    03-05-10 09:24 PM
    I have related question... I have sprint and there is no "general options" under my options menu. I remember it being there when i first got the phone, but its not there anymore. Was this taken away with one of the updates? I would like to make my number private without dialing *67 every time and i cant seem to get to where this option is.
    04-08-10 11:58 AM
    You can call your service provider and and make it restricted as default.
    04-08-10 12:39 PM
    I have related question... I have sprint and there is no "general options" under my options menu. I remember it being there when i first got the phone, but its not there anymore. Was this taken away with one of the updates? I would like to make my number private without dialing *67 every time and i cant seem to get to where this option is.
    Hit the green phone button-hit the menu button-options-general options-restrict my identity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD