Hey everyone,

I am reasonably new to the BB community, got a 8330 curve about 2-3 weeks ago and loving it...except the memory on it could be bigger etc.

I still have time to trade my curve in for a tour at verizon...But I know there are problems with the tour, the ball goes out fast, etc.

I just wanted to know as Tour users, do you feel the troubles with the tour have been dealt with? or should I suck it up and stay with the curve? (for all purposes, I have get the tour w/ camera for a mere $100 more).
    10-20-09 04:37 PM
    Get the Tour. Why opt for a 2 year old phone for the next two years before you're eligible for another upgrade. Most of the major hardware has been fixed (battery door/trackball) and other issues (GPS) has been fixed in latest OS update. There might be a couple other issues, but none that would prevent one from getting a Tour.
    10-20-09 04:41 PM
    Agreed, the Tour is a great device...
    10-20-09 04:44 PM
    Yea only a handful of people have had problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:46 PM
    Just if possible, make sure your getting a newly built tour. Don't accept an old one that has been "fixed" lol.

I received a replacement TOUR last week due to the trackball starting to go and the screen ripple that infected the earlier build dates, and I could immediately tell the difference.

The replacement I had gotten literally came "off the truck" the same day they gave it to me. I have a friend who works there and he called me and told me today was the day to come in. haha.

Definitely get the Tour if you have a chance, I can't get enough of mine. Also look into upgrading to the leaked 5.0.0.230 OS as it's a very nice upgrade from the 4.7.0.57 *latest official* that's out now.
    10-20-09 04:51 PM
    Personally, I ended up reverting back to my old 8330 curve.

I REEEEALLY love the Tour's browser and screen resolution compared to old roundberry, but the problems weren't worth it.

My advice is don't ditch your old curve unless you want to gamble you WON'T have any problems with the Tour. Eventually, like the Storm, the TOUR will be FREE or cheap in about 4-6 months.

What did you have before the curve? Can you survive on your old device for a few more months? If it's a non crackberry, I'd stick with the curve.
    10-20-09 05:32 PM
    Got my Tour 2 weeks ago today and it is running flawlessly!!! Couldn't be happier with it!!
    10-20-09 05:55 PM
    I'm on my third Tour because of trackball problems. Bugs the **** out of me. That being said, there's no way I could ever revert back to a Curve.
    10-20-09 05:59 PM
    Just purchased a Tour (coming from a Pre @ release day) Loving it so far more than I could have imagined. The Sprint sales rep told me that the earlier Tours had the issues and have since been fixed. Good luck pal. Go with your heart!

R-
    10-20-09 06:01 PM
    Just purchased a Tour (coming from a Pre @ release day) Loving it so far more than I could have imagined. The Sprint sales rep told me that the earlier Tours had the issues and have since been fixed. Good luck pal. Go with your heart!

R-
    The Pre. Yuck. I had about every Treo ever made too.
    10-20-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD