Hi all...I have an original tour that is finally being replaced because of the trackball...my replacement is arriving today. Here is how I understand the process works once it arrives:

1) Backup Old Tour
    2) *228 option 3 for New Tour
    3) Restore New Tour
    4) Change PIN on BIS to New Tour

Can anyone confirm that this is what I need to do and the order I need to do it?

Thanks
    Mark
    12-03-09 06:51 AM
    Backing up the old Tour obviously has to happen before you can restore on the new one, but other than that, I don't think the order is significant.
    12-03-09 09:23 PM
    Jeff, maybe you can answer this question for me...

I too got a replacement Tour today. While setting everything up, I changed my PIN with the CrackBerry app store (on-device version). However, all my activation codes are coming back as invalid when I register, despite the fact that I changed the PIN that my account is linked with. Why is this?
    12-03-09 09:42 PM
    I'm sorry, I haven't tried to change a device pin through the CrackBerry App Store. Have you changed your pin on the BIS site?
    12-03-09 09:47 PM
    Yes, Verizon BIS has already recognized the changed PIN (it prompted me when I entered email setup). I was always under the impression that you can just log into the app store, change your PIN, and those codes would now work on the new device. It will be extremely disappointing if I have to re-buy all those applications...
    12-03-09 09:56 PM
    The only app I ever successfully ported was BerryWeather. I ported it from my 8830 to my 9630 using the pin changed function BellShare has on their support page.
    12-03-09 10:03 PM
    I have purchased mostly from Mobihand or Crackberry and I was able to move most apps from my 8830 to my Tour. I don't know about others sales outlets.
    12-03-09 11:07 PM
    Alright I think I figured it out. I went to the actual MobiHand and changed my PIN there for the second time. 5 minutes later I got an email stating that my device information was changed and so did the activation codes. Now everything is working...except BerryWeather!!!
    12-03-09 11:26 PM
    BerryWeather has been swamped all day with people upgrading to 2.0. That's likely slowing down their response in other areas.
    12-03-09 11:44 PM
    I just got my replacement Tour, due to trackball problems. What a joy to have a well working device. I guess I was getting used to the trackball sticking once in a while until it was sticky all the time. I was not recommending the Tour for a bit, but now I think its the best. I did mess a bit withe BB that had the optical trackball. I like it very much. So if the Essex is basically the Tour with WiFi and and optical trackball, Im in for that thing.
    12-05-09 04:00 PM
    LOL... Me too. I'm on my 4th Tour - first 3 swapped due to problems in the first 30 days after purchase. My swaps were done at retail POS not via Sprint so all went very smoothly and quickly. I'm very happy with the Tour and with the Otterbox Defender it now live in - gives it a better feel in my hand and with the sleeper holster, its a great combo. Now about that new Tour with wifi - it's gonna cost to upgrade since I'm on a brand new contract with Sprint now...
    12-05-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD