Ok, I received my replacement tour via insurance, (as my original one stopped working). I've always had basic flip phones. Can someone give me a quick how-to on replacing the sim card, and the other little thing back there lol before I activiate my phone? I quickly before work tried to remove the sim card but it didnt seem easy.

I know I have to reinstall a few of the programs that I downloaded, and hopefully they will not charge me if I provide them my blackberry pin.

Thanks for any anticipated help
    07-16-10 10:27 AM
    Make sure you use the DeviceSwitch Wizard in DM while you have both phones on you. It will bring over your contacts, apps, settings, everything!! I love the DeviceSwitch Wizard!!! Companies and App Developers are very good about switching over applications you have paid for in most cases; as you suggested, just email them and explain or use the registration/contact support or whatever method the app may have built in if that applies...

The SIM card in your device is most likely a generic, cardboard-like one that doesn't really work unless you have gone to your carrier and asked them for one for international use or the likes. You can remove it, however, by using your thumb nail and sliding it up towards the top of the phone. You will need to use some great force to remove it though... Same goes for the black micro-SD card to the right of the SIM. Forcefully but carefully remove it with your thumbnail and pulling to the left.

Best of luck!
    07-16-10 10:33 AM
    I'm getting my replacement today, I used BBSAK to backup my apps and dm to backup everything else, is it as simple as plugging in and hitting "restore" ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 10:44 AM
    I'm getting my replacement today, I used BBSAK to backup my apps and dm to backup everything else, is it as simple as plugging in and hitting "restore" ?
    I wouldn't even worry about using "backup/restore." Use the DeviceSwitch Wizard in DM and it will swap out EVERYTHING from the old phone over to the new one (even settings, apps, etc.) and then give you the option to wipe the old device before sending it back to VZW with your personal information all in it still. Again, I really really like the DeviceSwitch Wizard and prefer it to any other method of switching devices. Period.
    07-16-10 10:47 AM
    Ok wel the DeviceSwitch Wizard sounds like what I need to do. Do I need to swap the sim card and the other thing in the back of my phone first? THANK U !!!
    07-16-10 11:06 AM
    Ok wel the DeviceSwitch Wizard sounds like what I need to do. Do I need to swap the sim card and the other thing in the back of my phone first? THANK U !!!
    It shouldn't matter. Remove them first if you want. Definitely use the SwitchWizard though and save yourself lots of time. Best of luck with the new device. Enjoy. Keep us posted here if you have any other issues or questions etc.
    07-16-10 11:10 AM
    I used DM's app installer and installed the alx file from my BBSAK restore. BBSAK wouldnt connect to my new tour for some reason. everything seems ok so far.

1. can I wipe my old phone with it not being activated?

2. have you ever heard of refurbs having cached login info for apps? When i opened Pandora it was logged into someone elses account. and I cant figure out how to log out and sign in as me.
    07-16-10 11:43 PM
    I used DM's app installer and installed the alx file from my BBSAK restore. BBSAK wouldnt connect to my new tour for some reason. everything seems ok so far.

1. can I wipe my old phone with it not being activated?

2. have you ever heard of refurbs having cached login info for apps? When i opened Pandora it was logged into someone elses account. and I cant figure out how to log out and sign in as me.

1) YES, hook it up to BBSAK and wipe it or simply use the "Security Wipe" on the device itself. (I use JL Commander and remove the entire OS too bringing it to white screen and Error 507.

2) YES, that's why its important to really wipe the thing. I'm cautious of the "Security Wipe" option and prefer to do a full wipe (again, even of the OS) using JL Commander or BBSAK (although I can't get BBSAK to do it anymore). In PANDORA, go into OPTIONS < ACCOUNT < LOG OUT < Log back in with your credentials.
    07-17-10 08:06 AM
    Re pandora, no dice. I log out but there's never an option to log back in. When I open it again it automatically logs into the previous account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 12:05 PM
    Re pandora, no dice. I log out but there's never an option to log back in. When I open it again it automatically logs into the previous account.

Goofy. If you've tried everything else, I would do a complete wipe of the device bringing to a 507 error and then reloading everything EXCEPT Pandora and giving it a try, then re-downloading and installing it. I have never heard of it logging into the previous account again and again. There have been others who have had this issues, but none, that I remember, that have had the repeated logins.
    07-17-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD