I just bought SPRINT Blackberry Tour 9630 Unlocked. I tested it with my AT&T and T-Mobile sim cards, all is ok, I can make/receive calls, data is ok also. However, "Activation Required" displays on the main screen as well as weird number: "My Number 000 000 5614" , I also cant see my new carrier logo!

Does anyone know how to remove these two messages and get the correct carrier logo?

Thanks.
    08-11-09 11:22 PM
    The fix is here. Search these keywords. "activation required" "storm" "telus"

I can't remember the exact title of the thread.
    08-11-09 11:25 PM
    08-11-09 11:27 PM
    Try entering from the home screen:
    1) ##111111
    2) Press the Enter button
    3) Go in and change the two 10 digit numbers to something else such as your number, it doesn't really matter. -DONT CHANGE ANY OTHER NUMBERS
    4) Press the blackberry menu button, select save and your good to go. The phone will reset and the initial programming needed line should be gone.

Now, this is the method for initial activation for Bell phones so im just assuming it will work. Sprint may require a programming code(MSL) that any sprint store will gladly give you as it takes like 6 seconds.

The method mentioned above works too, but i would just call sprint and give them the ESN number. Seems easier if your unsure about poking around finding the MSL number
    Last edited by intentfire; 08-12-09 at 01:25 AM.
    08-12-09 01:20 AM
    I need the right memory address and length for the Tour to insert in UniCDMA. The address provided above is not for the tour, i tried it it did not work!

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    08-14-09 05:28 AM
    Can any one find the starting address and the length, for the tour. So we can use it with UNI_CDMA to creat the MSL passward. This is the only way to remove the "Activation Required" message !
    08-14-09 05:38 AM
    PM me with the ESN number of the device (the meid dec) and I will get it for you.
    Note: In the above steps where it says "enter any number" in the first line, put YOUR cellphone number.
    If you put say, 555-555-5555, that is the number that is going to show up on the other end for the caller ID.
    Actually, email me the ESN @ [email protected] since I never get notified of new PM's.
    08-14-09 06:01 AM
    Sami, STOP posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads! READ what is being told to you and use the search tool!
    Yes, lets just use this 1 thread to help you, ok? I have closed the other two.
    08-14-09 07:40 AM
    two suggestions: 1. use the search function AND

Sami, STOP posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads! READ what is being told to you and use the search tool!
    2. Stop posting multiple treads. It is actually a user violoation.

and for a moderator, perhaps a sticky would be beneficial.
    08-14-09 08:08 AM
    There is no point in a "sticky" for the OP's problem which originates because he is trying to use a Sprint phone on a non-USA GSM network.

There is no way he will be able to activate into Sprint from his current location. That leaves 2 choices - tolerate the message on screen, or hacking with dodgy software if the codes and addresses can be found. So far it appears the information to hack the phone has not been discovered.
    08-14-09 08:17 AM
    Thant's correct Branta, I am using my Sprint Tour phone on a non-USA GSM network.

If I install the new OS Version 4.7.1.40 from Verizon Wireless will it replace the Sprint MSL passwrod?

I think verison has a simpler standard MSL password for all thier tours ##000000 or ##111111 .
    08-14-09 09:30 AM
    Sami:
    1. No, flashing a different OS will not.
    2. You're kind of annoying posting the same thing over and over and over again.
    3. Are you Hesham Alkhateeb? If so, check your inbox as I just sent you the MSL
    4. If you are not Hesham and still need an MSL for your Sprint Tour, put $15.00 in my paypal account ([email protected]) along with the MEID DEC (NOT THE HEX!) and i'll get it to you.
    Last edited by n8d; 08-26-09 at 08:57 PM.
    08-14-09 11:03 AM
    Annnnnnnnd you just answered my question in an email that you sent back.

Glad I could get you to stop posting in every possible thread.
    08-14-09 11:05 AM
    lol get the required activation.
    08-14-09 11:15 AM
    I paid for an unlock code, and this phone went already unlocked!!
    08-14-09 04:37 PM
    Frantona, that happened to me too. I did not bother to check to see if my tour was unlockde, I figured it came lock because I got it new in box sealed. 25 bucks to the gutter. Thanks N8D, now my Tour finaly says T-Mobile.
    08-14-09 06:35 PM
    Sami:
    1. No, flashing a different OS will not.
    2. You're kind of annoying posting the same thing over and over and over again.
    3. Are you Hesham Alkhateeb? If so, check your inbox as I just sent you the MSL
    4. If you are not Hesham and still need an MSL for your Sprint Tour, put $7.00 in my paypal account ([email protected]) along with the MEID DEC (NOT THE HEX!) and i'll get it to you.
    Where is this guy? He did not reply my PM and email yet ...
    08-24-09 12:40 AM
    This does not sound right. At&t use sim cards, sprint phones do not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 12:45 AM
    Where is this guy? He did not reply my PM and email yet ...
    Did you email me the other day? Sorry, i am not getting notifications of subscribed threads or PM's.

Someone emailed me the other day saying they had pm'd me and I didn't respond...was that you?
    08-26-09 08:52 PM
    i cant unlock my new tour BB. I think it is already unlocked but i still cant use it with my tmobile sim card and it still says activation required but i do have bars?What does all of this mean?Please help
    08-26-09 11:53 PM
    Did you email me the other day? Sorry, i am not getting notifications of subscribed threads or PM's.

Someone emailed me the other day saying they had pm'd me and I didn't respond...was that you?
    That guy could be me..... but mine was successful from you ! great MSL code works like a charm !

I just sent you emails and PM's , but still no response from you N. How to make fast communication with you then ?
    08-31-09 11:15 PM
    PM me with the ESN number of the device (the meid dec) and I will get it for you.
    Note: In the above steps where it says "enter any number" in the first line, put YOUR cellphone number.
    If you put say, 555-555-5555, that is the number that is going to show up on the other end for the caller ID.
    Actually, email me the ESN @ [email protected] since I never get notified of new PM's.
    please check your email Sir..
    09-04-09 12:49 PM
    I just bought SPRINT Blackberry Tour 9630 Unlocked. I can place and receive calls, even SMS but failing to connect to our company BES Server. It still shows "Activation Required"

That said, i am unable to use my carrier email and internet service

I need the MSL code or the SPC starting address and length to get the MSL code using uniCDMA.

Please Help.

Thanks.
    09-05-09 11:15 PM
    I have a unlock tour using on tmobile and im having the same problem where MSL passward?
    09-12-09 01:08 PM
    Hello

I had a similar problem with my Verizon UNLOCKED tour 9630.

The message "Activation Required" was on the home screen since I started it for the first time.

I searched this forum and found the solution which is to dial ##000000 and change the mobile directory number to my number, that worked for me so far, the message is gone and I'm able to see my carrier logo.

BUT

Now in 3G mode only I'm not able to send/receive phone calls and SMS while the data is working fine.
    If I select to connect in 2G mode, everything is fine.
    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    thx
    09-13-09 09:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD