So I've come across this error before and have typically been able to go to the Blackberry Desktop Manager and it reboots my BB Tour... However this time it seems to be taking a lot longer and it's cycling through the process...

I was not able to find the last application I thought I loaded?? So possibly this error won't be solves as easily???

I'm wondering that if I have to reload from a backup file I have, does this take me off line from my company. This phone is a company phone and I won't be able to get back online until Monday if reloading my apps remove my data from our company server?

What is the best thing to do if going through the application loader in the desktop manager doesn't work???

For example, reset blackberry? Reload from a back up file etc...??

I am so frustrated with the BB Tour over my nearly 2 year old Curve which had not major problems... I am now way to nervous to try loading any software on the tour since it always seems to have an error etc... Please advise!!!
    03-13-10 11:41 PM
    Upgrade to the newest OS. It seems to have solved the 552 problem.

552 error!

552 Error fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 02:36 PM
    I got a 552 error message on my phone yesterday and am trying to go through the DM application loader to delete the app that crashed my phone but DM isn't recognizing my phone for me to do so. How do I get it to recognize my phone so that i can either delete the app or reload the os???
    03-14-10 03:37 PM
    try connecting it while it is in a reboot - pull the battery while connected and then when it starts to boot try to connect. Then upgrade to OS 5
    03-14-10 03:46 PM
    If you can't get to the app that caused the 552 you will have to reload your OS. Hopefully you have a backup to restore. If DM won't let you access your apps, try BBSAK to delete it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Sorry to hear about it. 552 is a pain! You may need to follow the nuked BlackBerry steps if you can't connect to DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 04:05 PM
    For those on Verizon getting the 552 error and are sick of it... just load the official Sprint's OS. It's 5.0 (.484) and it works great. Just uninstall the previous OS from your computer, download Sprint's, install it, delete the vendor.xml file, use loader.exe and you'll be good to go. No more 552 errors!
    03-15-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD