I wanted to get everyone's opinion, since we saw yesterday pictures of the test phone for the pearl flip and then today it shows on verizon inventory list and announced release date, will we see the same thing for the tour or will it be like the storm where well see a commercial and more advertising since the hype of the tour is extreme!! Will the tour be released right after we see a test phone? I dont remembered when the speculated release date was for the pearl but if it was on schedule then hopefully the tour will be too.
    06-04-09 12:42 PM
    I mentioned this in a prior thread... I'm not totally convinced that there will be a bunch of hype behind this device for the non-Crackberry folks. I would bet that most folks do not know any of the differences between the devices (other than touchscreen vs keyboard). I just don't see a huge amount of ad spend going for this product, especially since it's target market is aimed more for the business user.
    06-04-09 01:08 PM
    I mentioned this in a prior thread... I'm not totally convinced that there will be a bunch of hype behind this device for the non-Crackberry folks. I would bet that most folks do not know any of the differences between the devices (other than touchscreen vs keyboard). I just don't see a huge amount of ad spend going for this product, especially since it's target market is aimed more for the business user.
    Exactly. It's easy to say there is a lot of hype surrounding this phone when the discussion never ends over on CRACKBERRY. There is no doubt in my mind that the Tour will sell extremely well on Verizon, but as far as the general public is concerned, there really is no hype.
    06-04-09 01:13 PM
    Ya true. Then hopefully it will release the same as the pearl where when we see the display phone we should expect a release date right after.
    06-04-09 01:19 PM
    i would look for an official announcement of the tour in the coming couple of weeks. the blackberry site will go live soon.. The phone is coming, eventually...
    06-04-09 03:04 PM
    i would look for an official announcement of the tour in the coming couple of weeks. the blackberry site will go live soon.. The phone is coming, eventually...
    Verizon announcing the phone is one thing...but with Bell releasing the phone in a few weeks, we will definitely see RIM officially announcing the Tour. Like you said, the web site will go live soon and we will all get our fix!
    06-04-09 03:12 PM
    Basically the hype isn't as extreme as the storm because the storm was aimed at consumers and it was the first touch screen berry. There may be a commercial but it probably wont get pushed like the storm was.

That was a huge campaign aimed at consumers..
    06-04-09 03:50 PM
    verizon has done commercials for almost all their bb's. my guess is we should see commercials the beginning of july or so.
    06-04-09 04:19 PM
    i actually hope they don't advertise this phone like the storm. the Storm was too hyped up. I would prefer not to have to wait on a long line to get this. After-release advertisements will definitely come, just throwing it in to the generic Verizon commercials about how they get great coverage everywhere. That is how phones should be promoted. The people that want the newest and greatest will already know about it and if it's a great phone, it'll sell itself.
    06-04-09 08:00 PM
    i actually hope they don't advertise this phone like the storm. the Storm was too hyped up. I would prefer not to have to wait on a long line to get this. After-release advertisements will definitely come, just throwing it in to the generic Verizon commercials about how they get great coverage everywhere. That is how phones should be promoted. The people that want the newest and greatest will already know about it and if it's a great phone, it'll sell itself.

for starters this phone is going to sell whether there is a huge campaign or not..

Business' will be all over it..

they aren't going to have issue's pushing this baby.

I do expect there will be some advertising but not nearly what the storm was IMO
    06-04-09 08:07 PM
    talk about beating a dead horse... give it about 40 days.. and then you will be calling vzw to order it.
    06-05-09 12:10 AM
    talk about beating a dead horse... give it about 40 days.. and then you will be calling vzw to order it.

you gotta remember this a forum about a pre release device that we already know MOST the information about.

The only information that is mostly going to be asked at this point is

Release date
    and
    Should I choose this phone over that phone..

same thing happened with the storm

then once it was released

a million help threads appeared....

mainly because the issues with the storm launch

There will probably be multiple people mad talking during the night before release though
    06-05-09 04:28 AM
    im aware man and i can understand the frustration. Im not a very patient person and i want a tour. But the blackberry site will go live sometime next week or so. The verizon 9630 will be announced a few weeks after that. There have been no delays to the phone. So the only thing left to do at this point is wait. The Telus users will be able to report in on any problems/issues with the phone.
    06-05-09 12:07 PM
    im aware man and i can understand the frustration. Im not a very patient person and i want a tour. But the blackberry site will go live sometime next week or so. The verizon 9630 will be announced a few weeks after that. There have been no delays to the phone. So the only thing left to do at this point is wait. The Telus users will be able to report in on any problems/issues with the phone.

I know I am just saying that now with it getting closer more people will find out about it and more "newb" questions will be asked so its better to just either not read or answer them..
    because otherwise there will be thousands of threads without answers
    06-05-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD