I was getting anxious of the release date of the Blackberry 9630 because I wanted it ASAP so I decided to ask verizon.

So I opened up a chat window and this is my findings.

So it looks like it coming sometime in May.

Enjoy,

Arland
    04-23-09 11:00 PM
    finally a quality source!
    04-24-09 09:16 AM
    Sorry my friend, but these chats mean nothing because the person on the other end knows nothing. I'm not being mean, I'm just stating the facts.
    04-24-09 09:35 AM
    there is absolutely no way this phone is being released in May, regardless of what a vzw rep told you after he checked on crackberry
    04-24-09 09:55 AM
    there is absolutely no way this phone is being released in May, regardless of what a vzw rep told you after he checked on crackberry
    Look man I just wanted to show the community what I found. I think it is a credible source and I don't think that this person looks at crackberry. This is all I know.
    04-24-09 10:25 AM
    Look man I just wanted to show the community what I found. I think it is a credible source and I don't think that this person looks at crackberry. This is all I know.
    We appreciate it, but this is like the millionth post with the same thing from Verizon customer service. Here is a fact you should know. Verizon customer service doesnt know crap.
    04-24-09 10:45 AM
    I'm thinking I'll take Crucial's word over that of some chat agent. No offense to you, but Crucial has proven to be a reliable source of info over a pretty considerable period of time, and he's saying July at the earliest.
    04-24-09 10:45 AM
    So Jacob told you eh?

Anyone else watch LOST? lol
    04-24-09 10:51 AM
    I asked my friend who is a customer service manager for verizon and he didn't even know what the niagara was lol
    04-24-09 10:53 AM
    I tried to avoid this by locking the thread last night. It's not your fault at all so don't think that. But after you spend some time here you will learn to not trust hardly anything that comes out of a Reps mouth.
    04-24-09 10:55 AM
    So Jacob told you eh?

Anyone else watch LOST? lol
    As a huge fan of the show, I think that's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while!
    04-24-09 11:00 AM
    not that crucial does or ever will need someone to vouch for him.

but it has failed round 1 of testing.
    04-24-09 11:21 AM
    not that crucial does or ever will need someone to vouch for him.

but it has failed round 1 of testing.

Is that why the target release date got pushed back to August?
    04-24-09 11:24 AM
    i am being told the absolute earliest the phone could be released is beginning of june but not to expect it.
    04-24-09 11:42 AM
    i am being told the absolute earliest the phone could be released is beginning of june but not to expect it.
    You know - I wish everyone in these forums should start posting references back to their statements. No offense to you amofiav, but, statements like these are turning up all over the place. Some are more believable than others.

I think that if each user would simply provide a reference for their remarks, then each comment can be taken accordingly to one's own opinion about a specific source.

For example - if folks don't want to trust a VZW Service Rep, they won't need to publicly slam someone for making reference to a comment. And likewise, statements like the ony made by amofiav can be validated (or invalidated, for that matter) with a simple reference note.

Personally, I'd like to know where you got this statement from so I can make my own opinion whether or not to believe this.

sorry for the rant...
    04-24-09 12:27 PM
    You know - I wish everyone in these forums should start posting references back to their statements. No offense to you amofiav, but, statements like these are turning up all over the place. Some are more believable than others.

I think that if each user would simply provide a reference for their remarks, then each comment can be taken accordingly to one's own opinion about a specific source.

For example - if folks don't want to trust a VZW Service Rep, they won't need to publicly slam someone for making reference to a comment. And likewise, statements like the ony made by amofiav can be validated (or invalidated, for that matter) with a simple reference note.

Personally, I'd like to know where you got this statement from so I can make my own opinion whether or not to believe this.

sorry for the rant...
    Here is something you will learn over time hanging around here. If Crucial doesn't say or even acknowledge it, it isn't true. Reading these forums I have read tons of people go on about the (friend of my moms, who is some how a ninja who spoke to the CEO of rim who then slept with my mom and I heard him say it in his sleep), which has lead me to my Sig.
    Last edited by azboricua; 04-24-09 at 03:20 PM.
    04-24-09 03:15 PM
    No disrespect to th OP, but a verizon rep is a verizon rep...whether you talk to him on the phone..online..in store...on the street corner...in the bathroom of the local donut shop..THEY DON'T KNOW JACK. He prolly told you May cuz you said you were about out of your T-Mobile contract. They will tell you anything to get your business. We gota **** of a deal on 2 Storms and a Curve cuz we told em we were contemplating going to Alltel. VERIZON HAD ALREADY BOUGHT ALLTEL!! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT GETTING YOUR BUSINESS. This isn't rocket science.

*im still LMFAO at the whole alltel thing...can't believe they fell for that*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:58 PM
    I tried to avoid this by locking the thread last night. It's not your fault at all so don't think that. But after you spend some time here you will learn to not trust hardly anything that comes out of a Reps mouth.
    Haha I think I have a lot to learn about this community. The Blackberry Niagara.... err...... 9630...... errr.... Tour is going to be my first Blackberry and I can't wait. I decided to join this community to know when it was going to be releases but it appears that the reps don't know squat......

Thanks again for your concern,
    Arland
    04-24-09 06:22 PM
    does verizon get exclusivity for a while?
    04-24-09 07:07 PM
    No, we don't. I promise all of you this tho... as soon as I know about it, I'll let you know what I can. Might not be able to give a release date tho sincer that might be considered a security risk.
    04-24-09 07:23 PM
    Haha I think I have a lot to learn about this community. The Blackberry Niagara.... err...... 9630...... errr.... Tour is going to be my first Blackberry and I can't wait. I decided to join this community to know when it was going to be releases but it appears that the reps don't know squat......

Thanks again for your concern,
    Arland
    Proof is below. Listen to Crucial, not this guy. He doesn't know a damn thing.

No, we don't. I promise all of you this tho... as soon as I know about it, I'll let you know what I can. Might not be able to give a release date tho sincer that might be considered a security risk.
    04-24-09 09:04 PM
    We appreciate it, but this is like the millionth post with the same thing from Verizon customer service. Here is a fact you should know. Verizon customer service doesnt know crap.
    azboricua,

Just wondering, when someone talks to a CSR at Verizon or any U.S. carrier, does the Rep. give you his or her Employee Number? The Reps. at Bell Mobility in Canada always start the conversation by giving you their first name and usually their Employee Number. If they leave out their Employee Number, all you have to do is ask them what it is, and they will then give it to you.

What I'm getting at is that if the customer has the Reps.' name and Employee Number, the customer has a way to trace the Rep. Also, some of the calls are monitored so one would hope that the Rep. has some idea about what they are talking about.

It will be interesting then to find out if JUNE, 2009 is in fact the correct date that Bell Mobility in Canada will be releasing the BlackBerry 9630 Tour or whatever the name of the device turns out to be.

- CB

KEEP ON CRACKIN'
    04-24-09 09:11 PM
    azboricua,

Just wondering, when someone talks to a CSR at Verizon or any U.S. carrier, does the Rep. give you his or her Employee Number? The Reps. at Bell Mobility in Canada always start the conversation by giving you their first name and usually their Employee Number. If they leave out their Employee Number, all you have to do is ask them what it is, and they will then give it to you.

What I'm getting at is that if the customer has the Reps.' name and Employee Number, the customer has a way to trace the Rep. Also, some of the calls are monitored so one would hope that the Rep. has some idea about what they are talking about.

It will be interesting then to find out if JUNE, 2009 is in fact the correct date that Bell Mobility in Canada will be releasing the BlackBerry 9630 Tour or whatever the name of the device turns out to be.

- CB

KEEP ON CRACKIN'
    At Verizon they start the call with their name only, no CSR or employee ID number. See the thing is, since there is no information directly from RIM being made public, everytime I get told something like May or June I ask "Where did you get that from?". They go "the internet", "Crackberry", "forums", "Boygenious", "blackberrynews". So pretty much they are as good as all of us, because they read the same material. Unfortunately we are all on hold and rely on what he see here. It just seems though that Crucial seems to be right on, all the time. He knows his stuff. He says Verizon has it, I believe him.
    Last edited by azboricua; 04-24-09 at 09:22 PM.
    04-24-09 09:16 PM
    totally
    if it was being released in may, it would have appeared on verzionwireless.com or blackberry.com
    and those online people dont no anything
    i ask them everyday about the 9630 and they have no idea what im saying to them
    04-28-09 09:19 PM
    You: but if there was a new blackberry coming out in may, it would have appeared on the verizon website right?
    Star: That is correct.
    You: so its not possible that it is coming out
    Star: I haven't heard anything about it.
    04-28-09 09:23 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD