I just feel like venting, and maybe someone may have a few phrases i can use that can talk my way into getting a brand new tour and not a refurb.

Upgraded to the T1 from a storm last month, just past my 30 days yesterday, go figure. BUT, i never had a issue at all whatsoever. i loved it.

Before and after OS 5.0 update. Yesterday it restarted itself out of no where. i shrugged it off. it never froze on me, it doesn't lag; it was fine.

Today out of no where it resets itself again and it gives me a error message "please return to place of purchase." no biggie, i was at my b/f's house near the store anyway. I had it replaced after being sent to another cor store. Now when i had my storm replaced (way too many times), the replaced the phone itself but the sim/memory card/battery and gave me the box it came with and all at the store.

THIS time, they just gave me the phone without the back either which was weird. not a big deal, i was in high hopes for a new back b/c i had a scratch on mine

anyway, while im at the store ignoring the guy from talking me into getting VZW navi, im trying to set up my email and i realize not only the TRACKBALL, but the KEYS felt awfully different. the space bar doesnt even click when i press it so it feels like its not clicking when it is which is annoying. and my track feels as if it's further down in the hole than my last one. it works fine but maybe i have to get use to it or its just tighter.

When i told the guy he just took it from me and played with it and continued talking about VZ navi and then handed it back.

Now that i restored everything back on there and got only half of the apps i had before back on. its lagging and sh*t. just acting like my storm which is so not a Tour's personality 0_0

"oh yeah everything else is brand new like the housing but just the mother board is refurb inside." this is irritating. and i doubt i can get a brand new one.

even the tour they had on display felt like my last one.
    04-16-10 11:04 PM
    The screen on my Tour broke 2 weeks ago so I had to get a replacement, they sent me a refurb, the thing is a piece of crap, its slow, the trackball sucks. The first one was so much better. I think im going back to droid, to many BB issues and there to fragile for me.
    04-17-10 02:39 AM
    Go back to the store and return it. Assert yourself and tell them it isn't good enough. Keep returning until you get a good one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:21 AM
    Go back to the store and return it. Assert yourself and tell them it isn't good enough. Keep returning until you get a good one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah do this. i had problems when the curve came out to sprint. in the year i had a curve, i went through about 9 phones. 3 of which were brand new. but after every 3rd phone, i was required to get my fone checked by a authorized repair center.

right now it's been 9 months with the tour and i've gone through 3. whenever something doesnt work right, i just make sure they send me a brand new one by just letting them know youre sick of refurb's that dont work

good luck
    04-17-10 09:58 AM
    What I did was I went into the store and asked if they had any in stock when my first phone got chip dust in the trackball and wouldn't scroll and then they did so I did a warranty claim right there and my current phone (second one) is brand new still.
    04-17-10 11:32 AM
    im gonna complain about it when I go back in on monday. i just tried to give it a chance today and i realized that the trackball is suppose to be like that which i got use to it, my first tour was a bit loose and also the battery door that they made me keep from my last phone, is one of the malfunctioning ones that everyone had problems with but of course he doesn't say anything since i didn't so he just swapped it with the refurb and had me keep that one.
    04-18-10 12:16 AM
    i realize not only the TRACKBALL, but the KEYS felt awfully different. the space bar doesnt even click when i press it so it feels like its not clicking when it is which is annoying. and my track feels as if it's further down in the hole than my last one. it works fine but maybe i have to get use to it or its just tighter.
    I may be wrong...but I don't think the warranty covers "feels funny" issues. Does it work?
    it works fine
    oh I see it does. You're good.
    04-18-10 12:24 AM
    I have had 9 new tours from sprint so far all referbs
    ticks me off.
    04-18-10 02:17 AM
    I may be wrong...but I don't think the warranty covers "feels funny" issues. Does it work? oh I see it does. You're good.

0_0 but it covers situations for lets say, a loose trackball? i was only stating that because obviously there was a difference with the trackball in the original tour i had and in refurb, meaning one of them was loose probably. After dealing with this refurb phone's trackball for a couple of days I realized it was the original phone i had which it's trackball was loose and would pause sometimes while scrolling (which this refurb's trackball doesn't do). so that was just one benefit in the refurb.

I have had 9 new tours from sprint so far all referbs
    ticks me off.
    I have to give it to you, i don't think i can tolerate getting 9 refurbished tours, i would've escalated 5 phones ago.

which in this case I have right now I may also do if they give me excuses to give me another refurb. And if it is a refurb im not leaving the story until after a great amount of time while I use the phone.

I learned that some reps like to do the setup and activation process theirself (even asking for my password and login for my e-mail so they can do it), as if they didn't want me to do it. Which is why there wasn't much playing around with the phone while i was still in the store. I'm making sure do all of this myself that way I can test everything out while I'm still there.

Their not doing that sh*t with me again. but at the same time the so called "brand new phone" i got when i upgraded had the loose battery door that i still have and also the loose trackball. I was coming from a storm so i forgot how the trackball is suppose to be feel and work till i got the refurb.

smh.
    04-18-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD